PDA

View Full Version : DFi's ATi Multi GPU board.

Dazz
05-30-05, 11:56 AM
Found it here looks pretty intresting the layout with the memory slots at the back rather then the front or the top, plenty of clearence to add a passive cooler for the chipset too. Again a dual chip board unlike NV's offering. One intresting thing is NO SLi based card bridge.

*** Quit freaking hotlinking already!!! It's called leeching and the sites being leeched from aren't crazy about the idea. ***

SH64
05-30-05, 12:05 PM
Hmm yeah the desgin & layout looks better than the SLI-D/DR.
at least this time the video card wont touch the chipset fan which should give better cooling.
also the space between the 2 PCIx slots which means more room for cooling .. i already learned the lesson with my current mobo.

as for the memory placing i didnt have a problem with it on top .. actually it suits good there. being in the left as well should cause no problem except that wiring might touch the HSF of the CPU.

Dazz
05-30-05, 12:18 PM
Funny enought with my current case i have 120mm fan right where they but the CPU which was to cool my memory down. Doubt it would have too much impact on the water cooling setup i am using. Still there seems like plenty of room for even the biggest HSF's. Guess time will tell.

jAkUp
05-30-05, 10:33 PM
Nice :) Wonder if that 4x PCIe slot would be usable when you get SLI...