PDA

View Full Version : Burnout 3

sytaylor
05-31-05, 02:48 AM
Ok, I know I'm 8 years too late here, but sheesh, this game blew my manbewbs off! Everything is perfect (except the amount of trafic which is highly annoying). The soundtrack is spot on IMO, and never have I played such an all round polished game. The driving dynamics just feel right, and when you add the takedown element it just works. Had to vent, then consult ebay...

|MaguS|
05-31-05, 02:52 AM
Yes... BO3 rucks. I play it opften just for kicks. Its one of the few Xbox ga,mes I still opwn.

sytaylor
05-31-05, 02:54 AM
Its a very pick up and play game, but also one you can loose a few hours to. Damn EA's smart purchasing of software houses! I feel guilty for loving an EA game so much.

|MaguS|
05-31-05, 03:07 AM
EA is the dvil.. fukers and thier neeing experinavce

HowlingPhoenix
05-31-05, 04:32 AM
I liked BO3 very much also, I agree with most of your points about the game except for the soundtrack,..not really my kinda music and it was a little annoying after a while. Overall though BO3 is definetly a great pick up and play racing game and it is pretty fun on XBL as well.

sytaylor
05-31-05, 05:27 AM
I'm a huge Funeral for a friend, my chemical romance and rise against fan... They're some of my favourite bands.

Ruined
05-31-05, 10:50 AM
cant wait for burnout: revenge on x360!

Bad_Boy
05-31-05, 11:04 AM
cant wait till Burnout Legends comes to the psp :P

jAkUp
05-31-05, 11:17 AM
Yea I agree, the game is one of the best racing games I have ever played. Unfortunately, I could not stand the music... lol

Ruined
05-31-05, 12:13 PM
Yea I agree, the game is one of the best racing games I have ever played. Unfortunately, I could not stand the music... lol

IMO for single player, Burnout 2: Point of Impact is better than Burnout3, mainly because it has cool original music rather than EA-ified crap.

stncttr908
05-31-05, 12:18 PM
Great game, lousy soundtrack. I love ripping my own soundtracks onto the Xbox. ;)

saturnotaku
05-31-05, 12:27 PM
IMO for single player, Burnout 2: Point of Impact is better than Burnout3, mainly because it has cool original music rather than EA-ified crap.

QFT

I pretty much stopped playing BO3 after beating all 100 of the crash zones in single player. The races in the game are absolutely annoying. BO3 is far less fair than 2 was. There are several races where you have to drive absolutely perfectly or else there is no chance you will win. I remember in some face off matches I had to take out the opponent car no fewer than 10 times to be able to beat him, but if he took me out once it was all over. This was never the case in the second game. I only keep it around now for those times when my friends come over and we play party crash or road rage. Those are tons of fun.

LycosV
05-31-05, 12:29 PM
I loved the music in Burnout 3 but to each his own. In case anyone here doesn't have it yet, it's now a "Platinum classic" ($19.99) and the EA store is offering a free shipping code on their website for it.

evilchris
05-31-05, 01:21 PM
I also thought was BO2 was better...

six_storm
05-31-05, 01:30 PM
BO3 is the one of the best arcade racers out hands down, although I like Midnight Club 3 better because of tuning and customizing features. MC3 is a very awesome game IMO but the graphics are still a little lame.

evilchris
05-31-05, 01:35 PM
I didn't like MC3 because it only caters to riceboys, not actual fast cars.

aaahhh52
05-31-05, 02:31 PM
I didn't like MC3 because it only caters to riceboys, not actual fast cars.

Speaking of riceboys.....ricers.... (http://bimmers.baddreams.org/CavilerandCivicOWNED.wmv) :headbang:

evilchris
05-31-05, 04:13 PM
hah, cool video.

I wish www.riceboypage.com was still updated...

six_storm
05-31-05, 04:14 PM
Speaking of riceboys.....ricers.... (http://bimmers.baddreams.org/CavilerandCivicOWNED.wmv) :headbang:

ROFL!!!! That was awesome. Of course that Cobra would smoke a Civic or Cavi, no crap. But I'm more into style and imports have domestics beat hands down. :D

evilchris
05-31-05, 04:15 PM
ROFL!!!! That was awesome. Of course that Cobra would smoke a Civic or Cavi, no crap. But I'm more into style and imports have domestics beat hands down. :D

You don't think the 05 Mustang is stylish?

I can't stand import "style". Such as the tapered poop look of the 350Z.

Ruined
05-31-05, 04:22 PM
You don't think the 05 Mustang is stylish?

I can't stand import "style". Such as the tapered poop look of the 350Z.

05 mustang kicks ass

still tho i enjoy tuner games for customization fun, even if i would never be caught dead in the cars in real life. tokyo extreme racer series was excellent, im hoping MC3 is like that (havent played it yet)

aaahhh52
05-31-05, 04:53 PM
hah, cool video.

I wish www.riceboypage.com was still updated...
Haha, that page is awesome. I really love the 05 mustangs, if i could only have one car for the rest of my life the 05's would be it. Can't wait to see the new cobra :eek:

six_storm
05-31-05, 07:14 PM
Yeah, the 05 Mustang is pretty hot (GT) but most imports are 10x better looking (than domestics). Too many favs to list. I own a 02 Civic and am putting a body kit on it right now, it's going to look awesome. Can't wait to get it back next week.

evilchris
05-31-05, 07:25 PM
Are you putting stickers on it too and a 12" exhaust pipe? =)

I personally can't stand the look of pretty much any import. Especially riced out cars. The guys driving them act like they're into "performance" when their cars are just turds with no performance at all. A Civic is an economy car, built for gas mileage. It is not a performance car and I just don't understand why people modify them. Why not start with an American V8? 4 and 6 cylinder imports will never make **** for torque, which is what counts at the stoplight.

Did you know that with less than $4k you can build on a stock Mustang to produce over 600HP at the rear wheels and do 10's at the track? Try that with a jap car. The "but they don't handle good" argument is null too, since the 05 Mustang will destroy any Integra or other ricer car on the corners as well as stopping.

six_storm
06-01-05, 01:46 AM
I agree with you on the performance, you gotta spend some major bucks to get something like a Skyline or Supra tricked out and up to speed but on style, imports and euros kick domestics in the arse. Oh yeah, stickers add about 10 to 15 HP in case you didn't know lol :D. I just prefer the looks of an import or euro tuner over any muscle or domestic.