PDA

View Full Version : vietcong multiplayer demo out

cricket
12-13-02, 09:35 PM
the vietcong multiplayer demo is out on www.3dgamers.com

LORD-eX-Bu
12-14-02, 11:18 PM
man, I downloaded it and played it, I thought it was gonna blow, but heck, this game freakin ROCKS!:D

cricket
12-14-02, 11:57 PM
it looks great graphically but i havent played on a server yet that didnt have lag. hopefully the net code or whateverit is causing lag issues will be fixed beforefull version of game is released to public. it has potential!!!

thcdru2k
12-15-02, 12:22 AM
i'm impressed , this game is looking good

LORD-eX-Bu
12-15-02, 01:24 AM
man I love it how you can be really stealthy, heh. I was going around looking for my first kill and I had the handgun. So I waited in some bushes for a few seconds and I see something move in the corner of the screen so I check it out, and its a guy, so I let him keep going, and I follow him slowly and quietly, and he goes on top of this cliff or something and lays down to snipe someone, and this whole time I am no more than 5 ft away from him, so I sneak up next to him, like no more than a few inches away, aim at his head and let him have it. It was great! This game is awesome! I am definately gonna buy it!:D

thcdru2k
12-15-02, 11:24 AM
yup..no other game has this ability to be stealthy and hide behind bushes/trees and liedown and move except for ghost recon. and that was a pretty good game.

demonized
12-15-02, 04:00 PM
stealth on this games is really good. the only problem is it got me dizzy after 20 min of playing it. how come when im using a pistol theres no dot or anything to know where my bullets will shoot.:)

LORD-eX-Bu
12-15-02, 04:02 PM
in real life you don't want the dot.;) :D guess in this game they wanted to make it more realistic, hence the aim button. What I hate about it is that the reload button is right lext to aim, so when I was trying to get this one guy, there is no way I wouldn't have killed him, I accidentally hit reload, and that takes forever, and I looked like a total n00b there and he killed me haha.:mad: :D

demonized
12-15-02, 05:11 PM
I just found out that there's an option when your tha one hosting the game that lets u select if you want crosshair(did i spell this right?) to be used.

Switch
12-15-02, 05:35 PM
Anyone know the release date for Vietcong? I was pretty impressed with the demo.

stncttr908
12-15-02, 08:21 PM
I tried it, pretty good stuff and it runs pretty good even on my old POS rig.

pastor
12-15-02, 09:46 PM
well seems good but i can't connect to any servers :confused: ...
i just hear the 'busy' sound
i don't understand cos the gamespy engine (inside the game) provides me a lot of server :(

LORD-eX-Bu
12-15-02, 09:48 PM
ummm.. just wait a little bit after the sound and it connects. Takes a few seconds.:D

pastor
12-15-02, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by [eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu
ummm.. just wait a little bit after the sound and it connects. Takes a few seconds.:D

humm i wait how far i can do .... when the sound stop it seems that it is not connecting anymore...

but i'm going try an other time (should be cool to kill you in the jungle :D )

LORD-eX-Bu
12-15-02, 10:04 PM
ah that sucks, try turning your firewall off, or setting stuff up in connections options I guess. Hope you get it to work bud.;)

pastor
12-15-02, 10:14 PM
bah .. that's strange : there are no net/firewall options .. nothing about connection, my connection is ok and i do not have any firewall :confused:

may be i have to install gamespy when the game ask me ?
i answered no because gamespy is already installed on my pc
thought i ran also gamespy to try to lauch the game inside gamespy but when i choose a server and i double click, it seems to work well until :

"cannot join into founded game " :mad:

pastor
12-15-02, 10:19 PM
*cough* i'm going to do relaxation on spearhead :/