PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2 Gold !

Pages : [1] 2

SH64
06-01-05, 04:44 PM
http://www.worthplaying.com/

Various fan sites have received word, one way or another, that DICE's Battlefield sequel has gone gold today and is on track for its official release later this month. In Battlefield 2, players will choose to fight for one of three military superpowers: the United States, China, or the newly formed Middle East Coalition. Armed with the latest modern weaponry, players can take control of any of the game's 30+ vehicles to engage in major conflicts with over 100 players in some of the largest online battles on the PC

http://planetbattlefield.com/
http://wolfgaming.net/vB/showthread.php?t=16629

please DICE release a demo prior to the final release .. i want to have some fun while waiting for the full game!

jAkUp
06-01-05, 04:45 PM
What???!!

XP_GUN
06-01-05, 05:05 PM
I cant beleve it... Also 100 players dang that means over 30 are camping for the planes :rolleyes:

SH64
06-01-05, 05:12 PM
I just found out that you will be able to choose between 3 sides (US ,China , MEC) :o
heh .. reminds me of C&C:Generals.

aaahhh52
06-01-05, 05:25 PM
w000t hell yeah, rumor has it that the demo should be out on the 10th of June

Riptide
06-01-05, 05:39 PM
Sweet. But if you can have 100 players in the game I guess you'll need at least a T1 to host matches right?

UDawg
06-01-05, 06:25 PM
I peed my pants when I saw the thread title and now I must go change do to other explosions in my nether region.

I bid a good day to you.

Riptide
06-01-05, 06:27 PM
:lol2:

OK, once I get good @ this game then I need to explode UDawg. He can play a chinese guy, I'll be on the US side. :D

vX
06-01-05, 06:39 PM
Nice to see a game hit it's release date....It's so surreal...I'm waiting for some " the manufacturing plant blew up, means BIG delay for BF2" headline somewhere. lol. 100 players on a server sounds awesome, but at the same time, I'm think HL2 DM type of lag is going to accompany that many players.

Bad_Boy
06-01-05, 06:49 PM
O_O

when will it come?

DaveW
06-01-05, 07:08 PM
I cant beleve it... Also 100 players dang that means over 30 are camping for the planes :rolleyes:

LOL too true... and with FF on, 29 of them will be pissed off when YOU get the plane when it spawns and shoot you to pieces before you even get off the runway :)

jAkUp
06-01-05, 07:10 PM
Hopefully this gets me into battlefield... (i never really got into the first ;))

lIqUID
06-01-05, 08:05 PM
I thought they bumped the max player count down to 64. am I wrong?

Fuku2
06-01-05, 08:14 PM
I thought they bumped the max player count down to 64. am I wrong?

Thought I heard that too but I'm ok with that. In Joint Ops I played on servers with 150 people and the framerate was kinda low with some lag too so I mostly stuck to much less like around 50 so 64 is cool with me.

jAkUp
06-01-05, 08:22 PM
Yea, more doesn't always mean better :D

LiquidX
06-01-05, 09:25 PM
Great news. :)

UDawg
06-01-05, 09:38 PM
:lol2:

OK, once I get good @ this game then I need to explode UDawg. He can play a chinese guy, I'll be on the US side. :D

DUDE! prepare for late night fragging if you are on my buddy list. Another buddy of mine in Tucson was hooked on BF as I was. He pre-ordered it also. The more good friends that play the better and that means one less TKer and one less spawn camper. ;)

BTW we were damn good at BF and I expect to be good at this. :D Just ask vamp.

LiquidX
06-01-05, 09:41 PM
Its official. :D I am so happy because I thought for sure it would get delayed.

http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=gone_gold

Battlefield 2 Goes GOLD!

This just in from the front lines…Battlefield 2 has officially gone GOLD! The game will begin shipping under the EA GAMES brand starting Tuesday, June 21, 2005.

In Battlefield 2, players will choose to fight for one of three military superpowers: the United States, China, or the newly formed Middle East Coalition. Armed with the latest modern weaponry, players can take control of any of the game’s 30+ vehicles. Players can also hone their skills against improved enemy intelligence in the new single-player campaign before competing online with up to 64 players in some of the most intense battles on the PC.

Enhanced team play features allow players to enter the action on the front lines as part of a formal squad, or work behind the scenes in Commander Mode to direct the strategic assaults of their teammates. With the new online character ranking and persistence, players increase their rank and unlock awards, including new weapons, medals, and more.

Riptide
06-01-05, 10:24 PM
DUDE! prepare for late night fragging if you are on my buddy list.I am hoping this game will be the one to break my CS:S addiction. :)
BTW we were damn good at BF and I expect to be good at this. :D Just ask vamp.
LOL, I've never played a BF game yet so you'll probably beat me down bad @ first. It took me a long time to get reasonable @ CS:S, hopefully this game isn't such a PITA.

aaahhh52
06-02-05, 12:26 AM
WTF, i just read there is going to be no coop, and only support for 16 players on lan with bots. Thats a big dissapointment to me, coop was one of the main attractions for me with 1942 and BFV, thank god their is a strong modding community.

SH64
06-02-05, 12:34 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/01/news_6126793.html

hmm 64 players for MP Online here.

Players of any class will be able to face off against each other in a variety of multiplayer maps that can hold up to 64 simultaneous players

also :
The game will also include an all-new single-player campaign sporting opponents with improved AI.
i hope they really improved the opponents AI because the AI sucked big time in BF:V.

aaahhh52
06-02-05, 12:52 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/01/news_6126793.html

hmm 64 players for MP Online here.

also :

i hope they really improved the opponents AI because the AI sucked big time in BF:V.
Yeah i know that, thats just the adversial types, im talking about actual Humans vs AI wich both 1942 and bfv had, the single player will be limited to 16 players also (8v8)

UDawg
06-02-05, 01:04 AM
I am hoping this game will be the one to break my CS:S addiction. :)

LOL, I've never played a BF game yet so you'll probably beat me down bad @ first. It took me a long time to get reasonable @ CS:S, hopefully this game isn't such a PITA.
Man I sucked at CS:S. I just could not get the hang of it.

As far as BF2, we will all start on a level playing field. So I wouldn't be so sure that I would be better than you. Either way I just like sploding stuff.

six_storm
06-02-05, 01:27 AM
Man I sucked at CS:S. I just could not get the hang of it.

Yeah, you gotta know how the game works (hitboxes, how to aim and shoot, etc). Pretty gay if you ask me but I was pretty good at it. :D I dunno if I will buy this for PC or not. Still waiting to see it on the next gen consoles!

GlowStick
06-02-05, 01:36 AM
looks intresting never liked BF though maybe this one wont suck, nice to see a shooter thats not WWII, nor 'futureristic'