PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell demo

Pages : [1] 2

LORD-eX-Bu
12-14-02, 12:36 AM
UbiSoft has posted (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=splintercell_gd&id=zzhpa) on their forums that the demo will be released next week on the 19th. But alot of us won't be able to get it for a while because guess what? its released on gamespy only, AGAIN! whats with Ubisoft lately? man, this pisses me off.....

:mad:

sytaylor
12-14-02, 07:22 AM
they're in bed with microsoft, who want to put their software on a "clean" internet.. so that eventually they can start charging you for access to it :mad:

Smokey
12-14-02, 09:28 AM
Im not sure why it will be on gamespy only, but the developers must be getting a bit a money for doing this? I wish that there would be another site to dl from for us people that are based in Europe :mad:

Phyre
12-14-02, 09:30 AM
It will be downloadable shortly after it is released on Gamespy. You just might have to keep your eyes and ears open as to where. You can't stop people.

Power to the people!

Phyre

Phyre
12-14-02, 09:42 AM
cartrix
Hello Everyone,

I'm please to say that the PC Demo of Splinter Cell will be available to download from Thursday December 19th on the official website.

We will confirm the exact time during next week.

Have a great weekend!

Cartrix

Just read the forum. It says official website. But it doesn't officially limit downloads to just the UBI website. Hmmm.

Phyre

demonized
12-15-02, 11:32 PM
great..i cant wait for this one.. i hope gamespot would have it too cause i have an account on them.;)

volt
12-15-02, 11:35 PM
It's "Gamespy exclusive". They actually want people who pay for demos get it first. How lame... :o NEVER will I pay for a stinkin demo. :cool:

The Baron
12-16-02, 12:25 AM
This is why you get the friend with much too much money and a GameSpy account to DL the demo, send it to you, and then you spread the goodness.

Smokey
12-16-02, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by volt
It's "Gamespy exclusive". They actually want people who pay for demos get it first. How lame... :o NEVER will I pay for a stinkin demo. :cool:

You dont have to "pay" for it Volt ;) they did the exact samething with the Ravenshield demo :rolleyes: But the funny thing was, it that is was on other websites, including Ubi's, a day before it was on Gamespy Exclusive and the other sites had to take down the demo for dl!! You can alsways dl off the gamespy public servers, and yes you will more than likely have to wait in line. As we all know, any big demo release, even if its on 20+ different servers for dl, you always have problems trying to find a server that isnt busy. Best thing to do would be to what places like VoodooExtreme for people to post mirrors ;)

volt
12-16-02, 06:55 AM
Oh I thought they will put it up on private servers on that day.
Anyway, it's like they still want you to pay for it to get it in a way.

stncttr908
12-16-02, 07:54 AM
The damn *****s want to make money off of demos now. How about lets let the demo be freely distributed to all, and then we can boost sales because its more widely accessible?

Phyre
12-16-02, 07:59 PM
I always looked at demos as being free and to allow the end user to help out in the final stages of working out the bugs. But, paying for demos? That just downright ludicrous.

Paying for demos is almost, but not quite, similar to buying a Tommy Hilfiger or Fubu garment. They must think I'm stupid if I'm gonna pay $40 plus for a shirt and be a billboard for them to make more money.

Phyre

LORD-eX-Bu
12-16-02, 09:37 PM
hehe, well, I was pretty dumb and bought this nantucket fly fishing nautica shirt, hehe, set me back $115.:D

sbp
12-17-02, 07:36 AM
I'll pay to download demos once they start paying me to play the demo!

stncttr908
12-17-02, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by sbp
I'll pay to download demos once they start paying me to play the demo!
10-4! :D

Gargr
12-17-02, 09:29 AM
Pay for a DEMO?!!?!?!?!

Ahahaha

40% of my FULL GAMES are WAREZ

Smokey
12-17-02, 11:04 AM
Um can anyone name one demo that you have accually had to pay for? I cant think of one!

demonized
12-17-02, 01:05 PM
heh, directX 9 and splinter cell getting released on the same day.

LORD-eX-Bu
12-17-02, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by demonized
heh, directX 9 and splinter cell getting released on the same day.

Not quite, but close. SC demo 18th, DX9 19th.;) :D :p

demonized
12-17-02, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by [eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu
UbiSoft has posted (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=splintercell_gd&id=zzhpa) on their forums that the demo will be released next week on the 19th. But alot of us won't be able to get it for a while because guess what? its released on gamespy only, AGAIN! whats with Ubisoft lately? man, this pisses me off.....

:mad:

Didnt you say next week on the 19th:confused:

LORD-eX-Bu
12-17-02, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by demonized
Didnt you say next week on the 19th:confused:

Haha! I have made an ass out of myself yet again! I stand corrected.:D I can't even get the date right from something I posted! LMAO!:D

demonized
12-18-02, 03:58 PM
will they release the demo at 12 tonight? or do we need to wait in the morning?

LORD-eX-Bu
12-19-02, 12:45 AM
where did you get it from man? I don't wanna wait on fileplanet. ;)

EDIT: Nevermind, got it.;) :D

demonized
12-19-02, 12:55 AM
thx. alot. im getting 300KB+ from the first mirror.
only 90mb's? is there only one level that can be played?

Matthyahuw
12-19-02, 04:53 AM
3dgamers...only place I look!

Nice game, graphics are decent, shadows are just as good as Doom3, but RUNS! :p

I'll try it out more tomorrow...