PDA

View Full Version : a little known fact about Far Cry

Shamrock
06-02-05, 02:47 AM
Do you know who the voice of Jack Carver is in the game?

Steven Dorff! I didnt know that!

For those that dont know, he was Deacon Frost in Blade, and the bad guy in Cold Creek Manor.

Morrow
06-02-05, 04:31 AM
Maybe this is little known because is not true and the real voice actor for Jack Carven is Peter Thais... at least according to imdb.com

Shamrock
06-02-05, 05:07 AM
according to Steven Dorff on TechTV(now G4tv) He was interviewed by Adam Sessler, he is. This came from Steven's own lips.

Gentle
06-02-05, 07:22 AM
It appears theat there is a Far Cry movie in the works...

Far Cry Movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0400426/

Perhaps this is the Steven Dorff/Far Cry reference you are thinking of.

Gentle

Marcos
06-02-05, 10:38 AM
Someone needs to let Steven know his voice acting is laughable.

And IMDB.com is for movies... wtf?

|MaguS|
06-02-05, 10:53 AM
IMDB is a database of actors aswell, it will tell you everything that actor has done wether it be for TV, Movies or voice work.

Morrow
06-02-05, 11:19 AM
Someone needs to let Steven know his voice acting is laughable.

Steven did not do the voice acting in FarCry but he is probably attached to the FarCry movie because it is directed by the legendary awful wannabe director Uwe Boll and they already worked together for the Alone in the dark movie adaption.

And IMDB.com is for movies... wtf?

check again, imdb.com also covers almost all videogames which feature voice actors.

Ninjaman09
06-02-05, 11:39 AM
Steven did not do the voice acting in FarCry but he is probably attached to the FarCry movie because it is directed by the legendary awful wannabe director Uwe Boll and they already worked together for the Alone in the dark movie adaption.

check again, imdb.com also covers almost all videogames which feature voice actors.
OH GOD NO... PLEASE don't tell me Uwe Boll is directing another video game movie! GEEZ.

|MaguS|
06-02-05, 11:50 AM
He's directing like another 4 or so... He aquired the rights too many games that could have been good movies but now have no hell in chance.

BloodRayne could have been awsome but I know he will totally f it up.

Morrow
06-02-05, 11:57 AM
OH GOD NO... PLEASE don't tell me Uwe Boll is directing another video game movie! GEEZ.

Yes he is, incredible isn't it? He makes one unsuccessful movie after the other but nevertheless people trust him to ruin all the remaining gaming franchises.
He is currently working on the Bloodrayne movie adaption and thereafter he will release FarCry, the movie.

Fortunately he didn't get the rights to the Silent Hill series. I would have to kill him if he had been given the opportunity to destroy the excellent Silent Hill franchise.

Lfctony
06-02-05, 12:57 PM
Uwe Boll is horrible. I actually watched AITD before checking for reviews. What a waste of money.

BioHazZarD
06-03-05, 03:47 AM
check IMDB there is no stephen dorph on the jack carver list so ur wrong.

Marcos
06-03-05, 07:39 AM
"IMDB for voice acting yadda yadda"

thats Keen! :D

TheTaz
06-03-05, 11:44 AM

I've never seen any of his movies... but they can't be as bad as Chris Roberts directing Wing Commander... /cringe

EDIT OMG! I take it back after seeing the ratings of his movies compared to Wing Commander on IMDB. LOL