PDA

View Full Version : New 6800

CHEVYMAN_02
06-02-05, 09:17 AM
I got my new LeadTek GeForce 6800. I am @ work right but i plan to put it in tonite and do some benchmarks

CHEVYMAN_02
06-03-05, 08:37 AM
ok. i got it in but i am kinda disappointed because i don't think it is working at its full potential. And it is kinda pissing me off. Maybe you guys can tell me here are my scores

Kamel
06-03-05, 08:49 AM
no offense.. ok, well maybe offense. this is the dumbest thread topic in existance =\. for some reason people think that other people care that you got a new video card. if you're having trouble with the card, that's a valid topic to post about. if you have just gotten the allmighty 6800... who cares. :rolleyes:

CHEVYMAN_02
06-03-05, 09:33 AM
The reason i say that is because I run the game configurator on Splinter Cell and it say something like No Point to Render or something like that. What does that mean?

j0j081
06-03-05, 09:45 AM
no offense.. ok, well maybe offense. this is the dumbest thread topic in existance =\. for some reason people think that other people care that you got a new video card. if you're having trouble with the card, that's a valid topic to post about. if you have just gotten the allmighty 6800... who cares. :rolleyes:
How is this thread dumb? He said he isn't sure if it's performing right. :thumbdwn:

Kamel
06-03-05, 11:15 AM
regardless of what ends up happening with this thread, the original topic is what i'm talking about. his original topic was, quite simply "i got this new video card, look at me" -- with a followup post of possible problems. not to belittle his problems of course, i'm just trying to encourage everyone to not be little billy's.

anyway, i wont break the rules myself and thread hi-jack, sorry about that.

CHEVYMAN_02: you probably wont compare to other 6800 results because most everyone has their cards unlocked and overclocked. you may be interested in looking into getting some tweaking/tuning tools and overclocking, and maybe even unlocking the pipes on that thing. you're going to want to look for something called "rivatuner" and "coolbits"

Kamel
06-03-05, 11:25 AM
i just thought of something else as well, you may need to clean the drivers from your previous card off... this can cause some serious performance, speed, image quality, and otherwise problems.

to be totally sure, it's best to just reformat and reinstall windows.

thecrazykevy
06-03-05, 02:05 PM
Which 6800 model is it? Is it the non ultra one? You should try unlocking the pipelines with rivatuner then if you haven't. I heard the success rate of unlocking both the pixel and vertex units is pretty high on the Leadtek 6800 nu models.

CHEVYMAN_02
06-03-05, 02:57 PM
it is the NU Model.

rewt
06-03-05, 03:43 PM
here are my scores

Where? 3dmark 2001 is too old to go by. Try 3dmark 2005.

1337_Like_ThaT
06-03-05, 06:11 PM

.....I think he is just jealous because ChevyMan has a better video card than him now :D

CHEVYMAN_02
06-03-05, 11:02 PM
my score for 3dMarks 05 is 3456

CHEVYMAN_02
06-04-05, 08:53 AM
With my new card i run Splinter Cell Game Configuration Utiliy and i get an error that say "No Non Power-of-Two render target support." What does this mean?

Kamel
06-04-05, 10:01 AM
.....I think he is just jealous because ChevyMan has a better video card than him now :D

i've got a 6800gt in the mail... ;/

rewt
06-04-05, 02:00 PM
my score for 3dMarks 05 is 3456

I think that sounds about right for a stock 6800 that hasn't been unlocked or overclocked. You can catch up to a 6800gt somewhat by unlocking it with Rivatuner. thecrazykevy and Kamel already mentioned this earlier.

As far as Splinter Cell goes, it could just be a game issue. I had some problems installing the demo myself. Got some errors, but the game still played at least.

fivefeet8
06-04-05, 03:03 PM
With my new card i run Splinter Cell Game Configuration Utiliy and i get an error that say "No Non Power-of-Two render target support." What does this mean?

Is is Pandora Tomorrow or the older SC1 game. Pandora Tomorrow has a habit of reporting wrong information unless you update the game to the latest version. The game was released before the Nv4x so the video card isn't properly recognized with older unpatched versions.

rohit
06-04-05, 03:23 PM
GEt latest drivers, the 76.x (with temp bug fixed). those will boost your 3d mark score, mine jumped from 3900 --> 4300 --> 4700--> to wats now. with no overcloks. i am using 67.03 now, my score will get better if i upgrade..hmm.. but i am too lazee :p

CHEVYMAN_02
06-04-05, 09:00 PM
ok. Cool. That helps me out a lot. I thought that i was going to have to buy a PSU.