PDA

View Full Version : high temps...

mushies
06-02-05, 01:43 PM
hey all'
i just wondering, what could happend to my asus 6800 ultra if it reaches the maximum temp (107 C), when in full load (it happands serval times)
could it damage my GC??? and how? i've noticed that when i reached that temp my coputer freezer until he is cooling himself by 10 C...

i think its related to drivers because i never encounter this before...

CD 1986
06-02-05, 01:54 PM
Which drivers are you using? You should try backing down to an earlier set that were working for you before to make sure it's a driver problem.

Shouldn't do any long term damage if your card reaches the throttling temperature though, since nvidia / card manufacturers must have decided that max temp to still be a "safe temperature" for short periods of time.

mushies
06-02-05, 01:58 PM
thanx for your quick reply, i am using 66.93, i rolled back to this because its work fine for me, after a lot of cleaning to my computer i reached the idle temp of 64 C, is it normal ?
but its got worst when i play games with full graphics, it can reached over 100c!!! i dont think its normal...

i heard about vantec spectrum fan, this can help me reduce a little bit my high temps???

XP_GUN
06-02-05, 02:34 PM
Its too warm I think , I would recommend that you check to see if the heat sink is attached correctly and "if you want to" put some new Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound on it to see if the temps drop down.

j0j081
06-02-05, 09:51 PM
64 C isn't bad depending on his setup. I was at 66 C before I reorganzied my case and now I'm down to 59 C lol.

SH64
06-02-05, 11:01 PM
i heard about vantec spectrum fan, this can help me reduce a little bit my high temps???

Indeed ! i'm using 2 of them on 2 PCs 7 they are doing a great job cooling my SLI setup & my softmoded X800Pro though i'm not sure if its going to help with the 6800U's cooling since its a different cooling design.
however your temps still dosent look good .. how is your case's cooling ?? what type of cases is it ? also i recommend latest drivers which are 71.89 & if all fails check the 6800U's fan to see if theres dust or something might be casuing the overheating.
oh & make sure nothing is blocking the air path for your video card or/and its not reciving hot air from other source.