PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Monitor Support

TMG
06-03-05, 11:11 AM
Please forgive me if this is in the wrong section i couldnt find one for the 6200.

Anyways, does the 6200 or any 6 series for that matter support 3 monitors? Right now im running 2 17" Samsung Syncmasters and im a fan of surround gaming, but it would make my experience a whole lot better if i could run three. I know that nVidia supports horizontal scrolling so if i get a single vga to dual vga cinverter will the card see my 3rd LCD?

gram_vaz
06-03-05, 11:14 AM
how would you connect three monitors exactly if there are only two ports?

TMG
06-03-05, 11:18 AM
with a single VGA to Dual VGA cable.

http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat%5Fid=2820&sku=29610

Dr@Home
06-03-05, 11:34 AM
wouldn't that cable just make it so it shows the same image on 2 screens? i've never used one so i might be wrong.

TMG
06-03-05, 11:39 AM
that is what im wondering, nvidia supports horizontal scrolling and dual monitors out of th box, so my question is with that will it extend the desktop with horizontal scrolling or will it just duplicate the display?

Snakebitten
06-03-05, 11:51 AM
Sounds like your after triplehead or surround gaming to a degree.

I would very much like it but I haven't received much confirmation in the past. I'm guessing the only possibility is for an AGP + PCI card (Good one) or two PCIe cards (non SLI).

Anyone confirm my guess is wrong?

saturnotaku
06-03-05, 11:53 AM
The Matrox Parhelia was the one card that ever support "surround gaming" as you wish to have it. It was a feature that not only had to be supported by the graphics card but also the game you wanted to play. I think you're SOL.

Snakebitten
06-03-05, 11:57 AM
The Matrox Parhelia was the one card that ever support "surround gaming" as you wish to have it. It was a feature that not only had to be supported by the graphics card but also the game you wanted to play. I think you're SOL.

Not even games that support the custom windows resolution like the dual monitor supported games? I'm sure it's much less user friendly to tweak "FoV", etc.

Anyone try it to see if its really impossible or is it possible + very limited on what you can actually do?

TMG
06-03-05, 12:01 PM
I play surround games with my 2 LCD's all day. BUT it would be better to have 3. Nascar is fun, Flight simulator is fun, ghost recon is fun, but im tired of it being split in the middle.

H-street
06-03-05, 12:02 PM
i haven't ran into many modern games that don't support the surround resolutions even when just using dual monitors..

as far as surround gaming goes, there was a blurb in the HardOP preview of the crossfire from ATI about ATI supporting upto 5 monitors in their surround gaming.. i haven't researched into it yet but sure did peak my interest..

TMG
06-03-05, 12:07 PM
the only game ive run into problems with is Pro Race Driver, it seems to be the only one that doesnt see my resolution.