PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard's Mass Banning

jAkUp
06-03-05, 03:23 PM
Blizzard Entertainment announced it has permanently closed 53,928 WarCraft III Battle.net accounts. There are few companies as in tune with their fan base as Blizzard, but that doesn't mean the developer has a tolerance for users who abuse that relationship.
"We will continue to monitor Battle.net for cheating and take action as needed," said the company on its web site. "As always, thank you for your continued support; with your help we have been able to keep Battle.net a fun and safe place to play Blizzard games."

Most of the aforementioned accounts were closed due to reported hacking or cheating during a WarCraft III multiplayer session. 8,168 of the accounts have also been banned from ladder play for one month, whereas only 3,331 were permanently removed.

Outside of the continued development on World of WarCraft and StarCraft: Ghost, the next game from Blizzard (rumored to be Diablo 3) is currently unknown.

53,000!!

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3141170

Strahd
06-03-05, 03:28 PM
Might as well say 54,000. That sure is alot of accounts to close, I wonder how long it took to close them?

Riptide
06-03-05, 03:33 PM
I wish they would start banning people from Steam for CS:S cheating. Screw the hax0rs.

jAkUp
06-03-05, 03:35 PM
I wish they would start banning people from Steam for CS:S cheating. Screw the hax0rs.

:werd:

Strahd
06-03-05, 03:40 PM

I agree. If they would use punk buster or even some other anti-cheat tool, i would play CS:S

So for now, I'll stick to ET :thumbsup:

Marcos
06-03-05, 03:43 PM
maphacking noobi f4gs

Riptide
06-03-05, 04:02 PM
Yeah so much for Vac2. I don't know what the hell is going on with Steam. They really need to, um, start actually using Vac2. AFAIK nobody has been banned..

Son Goku
06-03-05, 09:03 PM
Map hack has been around for ages on Diablo II (along with the infamous trade hack, dupe hack, and what not)... On the DII side of things, all I can think of is that either they tollerate map hack, or they don't care about that game anymore...

I wish they'd also ban many of the spam bots on battle.net... Going into game chat is a pain. Litterally, I've had times in which 50% or more of the one's logged into channel were bots... They'd litterally flood the channel with "go to http://www.... We make you Godly. Just be sure to leave your Mastercard or Visa number with us..."

The bots now whisper, and join games to screen flood their "give me your real money for game items, and possibly duped game items" drivel while people are trying to play :eek: So, try to squelch them, and they found a hack around squelch so they can return and spam some more... They now come up as "player not found on realm" even while they're sitting there spamming the game, chat, or whatever to death...

AGibbon
06-03-05, 09:35 PM
Have to give them credit for paying attention and risking the hate.