PDA

View Full Version : FlatOut Gold

jAkUp
06-03-05, 04:03 PM
Yes, its been out in Europe for quite some time... but its coming to the U.S. in a few weeks now :) I definetely recommend checking it out, I've had the Europe version for quite some time, and its definetely fantastic. :cool:

Empire Interactive, a U.K. computer games developer and publisher, today announced that FlatOut has gone gold. The over-the-top racing game, distributed by Vivendi Universal Games in the U.S., will hit retail shelves this July.

FlatOut brings racing mayhem to a new level with 36 challenging tracks, fully destructible environments, 16 fully upgradeable cars and six death-defying bonus events. Anything destroyed or altered stays a part of the race – broken fences, free rolling tires, and even mangled parts of cars are left scattered around the track, increasing the carnage with every lap. Drivers will even be thrown from crashing cars!

The chaos continues off the classic track in three destruction derby arenas, three head-on collision dirt tracks and six outrageous “Rag Doll Olympics” bonus games that utilize driver ejection to the fullest.

FlatOut will be available on July 12th for PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox™ videogame system from Microsoft and the PC. Drivers will be able to compete online with up to six players on PlayStation 2 and up to eight players on Xbox.

For more information and to experience the rush of FlatOut first hand, visit: www.flatoutgame.com.

www.flatoutgame.com

stncttr908
06-03-05, 04:22 PM
They've sure taken their sweet time bringing it stateside.

Bad_Boy
06-03-05, 04:26 PM
I must of hit my head or somthing, i could have sworn this game came out already lol. maybe im thinking of the demo :x

CaptNKILL
06-03-05, 04:55 PM
I must of hit my head or somthing, i could have sworn this game came out already lol. maybe im thinking of the demo :x
Its been out in the UK for a LONG time. I think since November. The demo has been out for even longer.

Great game, but from what I have heard they barely changed it at all for the US release, and it still took like 7 months.

1337_Like_ThaT
06-03-05, 07:01 PM
I borrowed and installed JakUps copy into my system and I gotta say it just is one hella fun game to play. I mean RagDoLL Phsycics to the max....:p

Geordan
06-03-05, 08:19 PM
This game is amazingly fun. Although, I definitely hope they fixed that slow down issue. It made the European version almost unplayable for me. I would be getting like 60 frames per second, then everything would go into slow motion for a second or so. So annoying.

The game is so fun though. I was really hoping they'd add multiplayer. Ah well.

-Geordan

DJMONDY
06-04-05, 06:01 AM
Im in the uk and own flatout and it is a fantastic game. I havnt had nay trouble with slowdown tho??

I highly recommend this game to anyone. It looks fantastic and its great fun to play!! :thumbsup:

gstanford
06-04-05, 12:06 PM
It's been out for a long time in Australia too (a lot of our software is the european market version). Thankfully no Starforce.

Great fun to be had in this game. Highly reccomended. Just be sure to patch it if the US release doesn't have the patch builtin.