PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Rome Total War in "Strategy Map"

Melhisedek
06-05-05, 07:39 AM
It stutters and lags terribly :( FPS go down to like 7-9 when moving camera. When I'm still and when it is zooming in/out, playing animations FPS are never under 60...

Battle map is no problem at all. I haven't played any big battles yet but there is no problems at all with FPS. (30-60 all the time) So any idea what could cause this stuttering? It's driving me crazy I can't play because of it :/ It takes like 1 minute to move screen some 20 cm.

My rig:
A64 3200 @ 2.6
6800GT @ Ultra (71.89) (Quality setting and Aniso sample optimization off, rest of optimizations on)
1Gig OCZ v2 RAM
Win XP SP2
Audigy witl latest drivers

I play game with high/highest at most 4xAA+16AF 1280x1024, 2D positional sound.
I've tried lowering resolution on Strategic map but no go.
Any ideas folks?

killahsin
06-05-05, 12:57 PM
I get the same issue here. It has somthing to do with somthing they put in the last patch. Ive gotten to the point where i just "click" on the mini map to move my perspective lol.

Melhisedek
06-06-05, 02:53 AM
Damn it's driving me crazy :(
Game is so damn good, and this is destroying the good factor for me :/

Mr.Clawz950
06-06-05, 10:46 PM
I'm running RTW at the exact AA/AF/Res you are Mel and I don't get the stuttering that often, but during turns it is taking FOREVER in the latter stages of a campaign. Right now it takes the computer 1 minute between turns to move for all AI factions, even though I have defeated the SPQR, Julii, Scipii, Macedonians, Greeks, Pontics and Thracians. Still looking to take down the Gauls, Parthians and Spanish to meet the 50 territory requirement for a win.

Melhisedek
06-07-05, 04:29 AM
What drivers are you using?
BTW your rig is big momma compared to mine :P
I would say ready for BF2, what do you reckon :)

admiral1313
06-07-05, 05:50 PM
I really think the "laggy" strategy map is normal guys.My assumption is that the map isn't really in full 3d.It seems to be tile-based,with 3d-coating on top.So,when you move the mouse or press the scroll keys,you move one tile at a time.It's not a performance issue.

killahsin
06-08-05, 12:01 AM
76.45 drivers took away my stutter in strategy map, also fixed my theif 3 crashes