PDA

View Full Version : Zallman VF700 series and G70/80

lone_bullet
06-05-05, 09:14 AM
hi,

Can anyone here say if the VF700 fits on the G70/80? i know it's too early but it sais it fits as long as it has mounting holes near the GPU, and i've seen the spypics of the G70 and there were mountingholes ( duh... ), also any news ( speculation) on the temps?
Lets speculate! :D

Lone

ok em...saw this too late...it should be in the hardware rumor mill section...sry for that... Mods plz move this post :)

MUYA
06-05-05, 09:27 AM
I dun think anyone can give you an answer right now. If they use the same holes to mount the coolers as the nv40s then maybe but I would presume that the cooler might not be enough...ie more transistors, higher thermal profiles etc for g70?

lone_bullet
06-06-05, 04:51 PM
I dun think anyone can give you an answer right now. If they use the same holes to mount the coolers as the nv40s then maybe but I would presume that the cooler might not be enough...ie more transistors, higher thermal profiles etc for g70?
ya thats possible, lets kope they make a VF770 of something like that.
it would be nice if the upper memorychips get some decent cooling too....because all i've seen on the G70 was a black ( Alu?) plate on them...not even ribbed. Perhaps 4 heatpipes to create a 'thermal bridge' between up and downside? Anyway Zallman will get us supreised...m sure of that :)

Lone

H-street
06-06-05, 05:03 PM
just looking at the PCB pics, it looks like the G70's layout is nearly identicle to the current G60's (6800/GT/U).. my guess is the HSF layout is near identicle (if not identicle)

i would be very suprised if it didn't fit.

sandeep
06-07-05, 11:10 AM
just looking at the PCB pics, it looks like the G70's layout is nearly identicle to the current G60's (6800/GT/U).. my guess is the HSF layout is near identicle (if not identicle)

i would be very suprised if it didn't fit.

Liquid metal for g70, would be sweet as!!

lone_bullet
06-07-05, 12:34 PM
Liquid metal for g70, would be sweet as!!
about that....could u care giving me some more info? :) i've seen in once but never seen any details. plz? ;)

Lone