PDA

View Full Version : Soldier of fortune 2

t6_shadow
12-14-02, 01:31 PM
I have just reinstalled this game. I download both patches and installed them (1.01 and 1.02). Now everytime go on a server I have pb enabled and it still kicks me saying I need to update my pb client manually.

So I go the pn website. Then download all the files it tells me I need from the SOF2 section. But i still get kicked. Anyone know why?

LORD-eX-Bu
12-14-02, 02:13 PM
heh, I know, yesterday I reinstalled this game, and looks like somebody has my cd-key.:( So I'm just playing single player again, the dizziness is gone! YAY!:D :D :D

vampireuk
12-14-02, 03:15 PM
Hmmmz, I had the same problem but after I downloaded the installer and overwrote the pb files it went away. Give it another shot with the installer failing that, umm reinstall?:D

[eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu, make sure you have deleted every aspect of it before you reinstall, I had the sof2 folder with some random files when I did in reinstall and it wouldnt work. Failing that isnt there some way to get another CD key from activision?:confused:

LORD-eX-Bu
12-14-02, 03:47 PM
I'll see about that. Either way, I think I'm gonna buy Audigy 2, so that means I'll have another SOF II CD and key. If that doesn't work out I'm off to Activision.:D

t6_shadow
12-14-02, 04:10 PM
where do you download the installer?

t6_shadow
12-14-02, 04:57 PM
ok I got it too work. I used there pbweb undater and it said all the files I eeded to have were already there but when I actually play the game it did not kick me. hrm... oh well at leats I can play now.

Grechie
12-14-02, 09:35 PM
im having trouble connecting with pb enabled with 1.02 installed its enoying tried reinstalling many times no luck

LORD-eX-Bu
12-14-02, 09:47 PM
you updated to 1.02 from 1.01 right? cuz when I downloaded the patch I forgot that I hadn't updated to 1.01 yet and I ran into probs.

-=DVS=-
12-14-02, 10:49 PM
TO UPDATE PB GO TO www.EVENBALANCE.COM and download everything !!!!!!!

or here Direct Link (http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=download2sof2)

vampireuk
12-15-02, 08:41 AM
thar we go!

Thats where I went, got the updater overwrote the files when it asked and went on for some happy gaming:D

stncttr908
12-15-02, 08:19 PM
If the manual thing doesn't work, then you can use this! It was the only thing that worked for me so far, it might take a few minutes to connect, but it does work.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support#force