PDA

View Full Version : Full Screen Video to Secondary Display resets Display Adjustments in 7x.xx series

MrLampost
06-06-05, 01:28 AM
I have a BFG 6600GTOC AGP. Great card and love the 3D performance I get from it.
However, I've had the same issue with the ENTIRE series of 7x.xx Forcewares (and I've tried them all too)
Primary monitor is my 19" crt. I then have S-Video out running to my 27" Tv. (I'd like to use component, but that's a whoole other rant)
I do a lot of gaming, but I also watch a lot of movies and anime off my PC. Normally it's perfect. Set "Full Screen Video" to Secondary Display, start a video on my PC and BIP! instant full screen on my Tv.

Problem is my Tv has a lot of overscan. At 1024x768 there's a LOT of screen that's pushed right off the edges. With the 66.93s there was no prob. Just go to Display Properties for the Tv and use the controls to shrink the image to fit perfectly. With anything in the 7x.xx series however every time I start a new video it resets those settings. EVERY time. It's driving me nuts 'cause I'd love to get some of these performance increases from the 7x.xxs, but I'm not resetting my display size every hour or so. Can anyone out there help me?

Please?

broli
07-27-05, 12:10 PM
I'm having the same problem. I tried saving the setting, but it doesn't seem to save and resets everytime I play a new video. Even going to the menu and changing the custom(default) setting to my saved setting, it doesn't change anything. I have to zoom out everytime I start a new video and its driving me nuts.

ch1co
10-07-05, 03:04 AM
I'm having exectly the same problem, even with 81.84 installed. Did anyone find a workaround?

sharangad
10-07-05, 03:35 AM
If you use VMR instead of overlay it should work fine. Go to WMP, Tools Menu, Performance, Advanced and in there check the use VMR mode and select High Quality.

ch1co
10-07-05, 04:35 AM
sharangad

Switching to VMR has no effect for me. I also prefer BSPlayer to WMP, and choosing VMR9 renderless doesnt solve the issue either :(

sharangad
10-07-05, 10:51 AM
I have a BFG 6600GTOC AGP. Great card and love the 3D performance I get from it.

Does yer card offload WMV HD decoding with yer AGP 6600 GT with the 81.84 drivers? Specifically with clips like Step into Liquid (http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/a/d/eadb9b42-728b-42b0-bfdf-b472fa2a2464/Step_into_Liquid_1080.exe, this is an archive)

On mine, with the WMV DXVA patch (http://www.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;888656 ), I get maxed out CPU with the current drivers. They used to keep the CPU utilisation down to around 60-70% with the patch, but there were audio sync issues with it. The 81.84 drivers claimed the issue has been fixed, but on my system it looks like they fixed it by disabling DXVA acceleration, which generates perfect audio sync, but kills the CPU and lags horribly. It used to work with drivers ranging from 67.03 to 78.05 with the audio lag. With the 80 series it doesn't work at all.

This won't be an issue if you have a fast CPU. I have a lowly Athlon 64 2800.

The overlay zoom bug as I recall, only affected the overlay. I never had any issues with in VMR High Quality Mode, as opposed to VMR Overlay or plain Jane overlay mode ( VMR unchecked ).

sharangad
10-07-05, 10:52 AM
sharangad

Switching to VMR has no effect for me. I also prefer BSPlayer to WMP, and choosing VMR9 renderless doesnt solve the issue either :(

But does it work with WMP in VMR High Quality mode?

ch1co
10-07-05, 11:27 AM
But does it work with WMP in VMR High Quality mode?

Nope, wont work either. I've mentioned it in my previous post, but apparently its too vague.

MrLampost
10-10-05, 06:23 PM
Nope, the 81.xx's still have the same problem. And it has nothing to do with the zoom settings for the overlay. The settings that get reset are the properties for my TV running as a second monitor. You know how you can adjust the position and size of the image in monitor properties? With everything past 66.93 these settings get reset everytime I start a new video clip. And when I'm watching several episodes of a show it gets old real fast having to re-adjust every 30 minutes. I can't be the only one who encounters this.

sharangad
10-11-05, 04:49 AM
Nope, the 81.xx's still have the same problem. And it has nothing to do with the zoom settings for the overlay. The settings that get reset are the properties for my TV running as a second monitor. You know how you can adjust the position and size of the image in monitor properties? With everything past 66.93 these settings get reset everytime I start a new video clip. And when I'm watching several episodes of a show it gets old real fast having to re-adjust every 30 minutes. I can't be the only one who encounters this.

I've only ever experienced this in overlay mode, irrespective of the zoom settings.

devast
10-25-05, 07:26 AM
Same problem here with 81.85 WHQL drivers :( tho i've got 7800GT. Best solution i've found is to save the tv profile and from the tray icon i can load that profile everytime i start a video...

CoolKD
10-25-05, 08:29 AM
Let me get this right you are using a resolution @ 1024x768 on your television?
If so the maximum recomended res is 800x600, at this res you get the hole picture on the TV.
The overly will still overide your TV settings a bit, but just increase the size of the screen. I use BSplayer myself.

Just noticed that WindowsMediaplayer do not have this problem and It's using the overlay too ???

sharangad
10-25-05, 02:18 PM
All of you guys who have this video settings bug could try this:

Download and install NVTweak (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=911).

Tick the "VMR" checkbox shown here:

http://sparrowhawk.no-ip.info/downloads/nvtweak.png

This causes the VMR option to show up in the nVidia display properties applet and tick this ( "Enable VMR" ) option:

http://sparrowhawk.no-ip.info/downloads/EnableVMR.png

The adjust yer TV out size and try playing back video and see if you still have problems with the screen settings being lost.

( To undo this, just untick the option in the nVidia applet. The you can hide this option by unticking it in NVTweak. )

devast
11-03-05, 04:31 AM
I've tried it, still the same prob.. :(
@CoolKD:
We're talking about video overlay @ tv-out so it has nothing to do with the desktop resolution.

CoolKD
11-08-05, 06:08 AM
Has someone even come close to solving this overlay problem, or do we all have to take a big bite of the sauer apple and reactivate the TV-profile on every fullscreen comand:confused:
I also do not think using VMR-9 is a good replacement for the hardware ovelay....

CoolKD
11-25-05, 08:25 AM
Found the 100% fix for the overlay problem in a nother forum :D

I've found the solution!
And it works 100% sure!

First, open regedit (Start > Execute > Regedit or c:\windows\regedit.exe)
make a backup (file > exporting)

In regedit, search for "videoborder"

You'll find some keys like that :
NVZORAN.525@60Hz.videoborder
NV36ZORAN.525@60Hz.videoborder
NV36ZORAN.625@60Hz.videoborder
NVZORAN.625@50Hz.videoborder
(the name depends on your nvidia graphic card but it's always followed by ".videoborder")

The set number should be 01 00 00 00
But some of them have this number : 00 00 00 00
If so, modify the number and correct it so that a "1" appears on the second number : 01 00 00 00 like it should be.

once again the correct answer is for example...
NV36ZORAN.525@60Hz.videoborder = 01 00 00 00

Close regedit when every key has a one in it.
Reboot you're computer for the changing to take effect.

Then you can open your videos in full screen, it'll never zoom in like it used to!
It's fixed, finally!!!!
Good luck and happy viewing!

ch1co
11-26-05, 05:20 PM
Found the 100% fix for the overlay problem in a nother forum

At last :super: Thanks a lot!

MrLampost
11-26-05, 06:22 PM
Found the 100% fix for the overlay problem in a nother forum :D

You certainly did!! Praise Be!(urock)

Who finally figured it out and how?

CoolKD
11-27-05, 10:16 AM
All credits for this fix, should go to Guzo who posted this on the BsPlayer forum. http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=5868
I just dug it out from the net :p

amerdsp
01-31-06, 05:54 PM
I tried searching for videoborder in the registry but I did not find it.

I have a 6600 gt and 71xx driver
I also tried on 79xx driver as well.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

A

sharangad
02-01-06, 07:10 AM
I tried searching for videoborder in the registry but I did not find it.
I have a 6600 gt and 71xx driver
I also tried on 79xx driver as well.

The registry key will only be visible when you have yer TV out enabled. Every time you enable and disable it, you need to do this again.

When searching through the registry, collapse the whole tree and click on the topmost node before searching. This is because when you have a node open, the search only commences from that node onwards.

Van_Dammesque
02-05-06, 04:55 PM
(nana2)
Excellent it works for me too!

I have found that you must edit any of the video overlay options and "OK" or "apply" it to get the actual reg key showing if you have already enabled the TV and can't see the reg key. I found this out after a fresh install of the driver and snooping about in the registry.

ArturNOW
08-10-06, 06:40 AM
I can't find videoborder in my registry :|

sharangad
08-10-06, 01:05 PM
I can't find videoborder in my registry :|
Look under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video

Under there you'll have long GUID strings (consisting of numbers and A-F, hexadecimal numbers). Expand each one and look under 0000. Something.videoborder should be there. Note this lists all the graphics cards you've had. If you have an ATi card for instance, uninstalling doesn't remove the keys.

ArturNOW
08-10-06, 04:07 PM
Look under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video

Under there you'll have long GUID strings (consisting of numbers and A-F, hexadecimal numbers). Expand each one and look under 0000. Something.videoborder should be there. Note this lists all the graphics cards you've had. If you have an ATi card for instance, uninstalling doesn't remove the keys.
Ok

A have only
NV36ZORAN.connector 00 00 00 00
NV36ZORAN.laststdSDTV 03 00 00 00
NV36ZORAN.standard 03 00 00 00