PDA

View Full Version : Digital vibrance?

Pages : [1] 2

j0j081
06-06-05, 04:40 AM
Any of you have it enabled for gaming and if so what do you like about it? I tried it earlier and thought it looked nice for the desktop use but wasn't sure if it suited games.

Superfly
06-06-05, 04:44 AM
I like it - great feature.

I set it to just under 25% globally.

XxDeadlyxX
06-06-05, 08:49 AM
This is one of the reasons I'm glad I bought a 6800 instead of an X800. Both my monitors look very dull without altering DV or ATI's "Color" settings. On my 9700, changing the colour does make it very vibrant, however it is in my experience very buggy in reverting back to the original colours randomly when it wants to. I think the reason for this is that Digital Vibrance is more hardware-controlled as compared to ATI's color.

I personally like it at the higher end of "Low", just before "Medium". It makes the screen look brilliant, and makes the colours stand out and makes looking at movies/games etc a treat. For this reason alone, I will never buy another ATI card again simply because the quality of the actual experience is more important to me than graphics power :D

Tr1cK
06-06-05, 09:03 AM
I keep mine set to under 25% and love it.

|MaguS|
06-06-05, 09:07 AM
25% here aswell.

BrianG
06-06-05, 09:25 AM
Between DV and Image sharpening, my aging 19" Viewsonic looks nearly as good as my new Samsung LCD. Great feature, I'd miss it...

NAZCA M12
06-06-05, 09:46 AM
I do run DV (full or 75% sometimes) on my other rig which has a 5900. It's one of the two (the other one is better drivers) reasons i'm never going to buy an ATI card again. I want my ****ing vibrant colours :mad:

CaptNKILL
06-06-05, 10:04 AM
One thing to keep in mind is that you shouldnt use it when you are doing anything graphics related. Personal stuff is fine, but if its something that will be on a public website or something, youll want to avoid it. Its pretty obvious why... youll see vibrant colors but itl be washed out on all other computers.

rewt
06-06-05, 04:00 PM
Washed out on other computers who don't use Digital Vibrance ;)

What do you guys think of the Texture Sharpening feature? I think it makes a quite a bit of difference, especially now that I'm using a Ti4200 that doesn't have it. :(

ChrisRay
06-06-05, 07:07 PM
Oh yes... a Digital Vibrance thread... mm... 25% here on both my rigs. :)

verncat
06-06-05, 07:26 PM
You know, I never even thought to use DV until I read through this thread. All I can say is holy cow is it awesome! I set it to about 25% and everything looks 100% better. Some pretty cool stuff.

Shawn

anzak
06-06-05, 07:45 PM
I miss it. :(

maddbomber83
06-06-05, 08:41 PM
My laptop looked washed out too until I enabled it there.

Acid Rain
06-06-05, 09:41 PM
I will never buy another ATI card again simply because the quality of the actual experience is more important to me than graphics power :DI take it you're in heaven then. With NV40, you've got both sides of the coin handled nicely.

I use DV at about 25%. Without it, games and movies may as well be black and white. I have gotton quite spoiled.

j0j081
06-07-05, 05:43 AM
Cool I will give it another go then. I didn't try it for very long and maybe my eyes need a while to get used to in it games.

xtatdsm
06-07-05, 03:02 PM
oh man, and I thought I was the only one who loves DV. I have always had Nvidia, untill I decided to upgrade for better performance (went from nvidia 5600 to ATI 9800 pro) a year ago or so. yeah the performance was a lot better with the ATI 9800 pro, but wait, the colors look like crap (in games and movies). I tried messing with the colors to make movies look like how they looked with my nvidia cards but that never happened. so a month later, I sold my 9800 pro and got me 6800 ultra and swore no more ATIs for me.

oh i keep my DV at 25% for everything, and at 50% for gaming.
now if ATI will ever come up and make their cards with DV, I might consider them again.

$n][pErMan
06-07-05, 04:45 PM
I have only used DV once. It looked nice on the desktop and highlighted a lot of colors... but I also noticed it washed out some of the shadowing on the bars and whatnot. Not to sure how it works in games as I have not noticed dull colors in games anyway. Maybe I will give it a shot again now that I have an idea where everyone sets it :)

gram_vaz
06-07-05, 05:30 PM
am i the only one that thinks digital vibrance makes everything look ghey?

oozish
06-07-05, 05:30 PM
Love it....I echo most the settings/opinions here at 25%; however, i don't like image sharpening at all, and stay away from that one (not enabled).

CaptNKILL
06-07-05, 05:39 PM
Washed out on other computers who don't use Digital Vibrance ;)

90% of users probably have it set at the default level of off or dont have the option (ATI users, intel graphics users etc...). Its just a good idea to do graphics that will appeal to the majority rather than the minority. Itd be like someone making a web page that runs real smooth with Firefox but chugs real bad on IE...

rewt
06-07-05, 05:55 PM
I notice most screenshots don't seem to capture digital vibrance anyway. So it really isn't going to make any difference in that regard.

CaptNKILL
06-07-05, 06:59 PM
I notice most screenshots don't seem to capture digital vibrance anyway. So it really isn't going to make any difference in that regard.
Yeah I know, thats the point. It only shows on your computer, so if you edit something so that it looks right on your system, then you go and print it out or put it online, itl be washed out on anything that has lower DV settings than you.

BrianG
06-07-05, 07:10 PM
am i the only one that thinks digital vibrance makes everything look ghey?
Yeah, probably. (gay)

SLippe
06-07-05, 07:41 PM
I use DV at about 25% as well and Contrast at 110%. That's it.

ChrisRay
06-08-05, 01:27 AM
Well Digital Vibrance is probably one of my favorite things ever. It kept me in the Nvidia camp while the FX series was out as well. I literally wont buy a video card without it these days. I have made some fusses over it in the past ;)