PDA

View Full Version : XFire To Host BF2 Demo

rudedog
06-06-05, 03:00 PM
For those that use this nice little program, Xfire will be hosting the file with no wait times.

"The new Battlefield 2 demo is coming out soon. Sign up for Xfire's FPS Demos channel today, and you'll automatically be set up to start downloading the demo as soon as it's available - no worries, no waiting. You'll also get the official Battlefield 2 trailer immediately!"

Get the rest of the details HERE (http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?name=XFire&file=cmspage&body=xf_bf2_demo) .

CaptNKILL
06-06-05, 03:08 PM
Is there any spyware in this program? I want the demo but I dont want my computer infested just to get it a little early. Its free, thats why I asked about possible spyware.

LiquidX
06-06-05, 03:09 PM
I have XFire but have not used it in awhile but will fire it up for this. Thanks rudedog.

Is there any spyware in this program? I want the demo but I dont want my computer infested just to get it a little early. Its free, thats why I asked about possible spyware.

None from when I installed it. :)

Buenamos
06-06-05, 03:18 PM
There is absolutely no spyware in this program! I've been using it for over a year now and it's great if you're in a clan or playing with friends online. Just click on their name and it'll show what server they're in, how many ppl are in it, current map, etc. Hit the join button and you're there. One of the first programs I install once I reformat. ;)

FierceDeityLink
06-06-05, 03:38 PM
Hrm, so I guess the whole Gamespot Gamecenter thing was false? Still... I'd rather just download an installer... Personally, I just use the All Seeing Eye for game server browsing and locating friends.

Parts
06-06-05, 03:39 PM
The in game support is the best imo, Its awesome when you dont wanna play a game and your friend is in one and youre not, so you can still chat with them.

rudedog
06-06-05, 03:45 PM
I started using xfire when they first came out. One of their community managers contacted me to post some news (MOHadmin.com now known as FPSadmin.com)

There is no spyware and the program takes your IM and combines it with your favorite games.

It also let's you know your playing time and where you've been. I use it as my sig on my site. See below

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/rudedog.png

lIqUID
06-06-05, 04:06 PM
Im sure us Fileplanet subscribers wont be waiting either haha.

stncttr908
06-06-05, 04:28 PM
Im sure us Fileplanet subscribers wont be waiting either haha.
Laugh it up while the rest of us get it just as fast and for free. :cool:

lIqUID
06-06-05, 08:24 PM
considering Ive made plenty of money from betas on Fileplanet the $6 a month is hardly an issue :rolleyes:

aaahhh52
06-06-05, 10:18 PM
considering Ive made plenty of money from betas on Fileplanet the $6 a month is hardly an issue :rolleyes:
What is this money making you speak of..... :eek2:

lIqUID
06-07-05, 07:24 AM
ahhhhhhh nuthin :angel:

|MaguS|
06-07-05, 07:27 AM
Never saw the need to install Xfire and wont install it untill im in a clan or guild that uses it...

EDIT: Realized I ha an account already with them, just never used it, LOL

Account name is EGBTMagus, I have the nickname |MaguS|.

Superfly
06-07-05, 08:02 AM
This demo has just gotta be released for the weekend or its quite possible I might have to cry :-(

XP_GUN
06-07-05, 09:14 AM
Dont care just not until friday since I have finals ;)

Buenamos
06-07-05, 10:11 AM
If you guys would like to add me my xfire is tdbrandom. I mainly play COD:UO and the battlefield series.