PDA

View Full Version : Area 51-(PC)retail

Pages : [1] 2

PaiN
06-07-05, 04:35 AM
I know the demo wasen't so hot looking, lacked mouse sensitivity adjustments and save games, but word is it was early code and ALL that was wrong or missing will be fixed in retail.....besides that, I had a ton of playing.
So, has anyone tried the Area51 PC retail (http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/256027.asp), yet? Is it "fixed" up?
I'm hoping that the EB I pre-orderd at has it in today(6-7) so I can snag it after work. Unless you say its a complete disaster ;)

edit:
:D ...just caught this over at GamingGroove2
http://www.gaminggroove.com/newsitem.php?id=2700&PHPSESSID=c5c7916e1af8015bbdceefc472c765ac

K-1
06-07-05, 07:36 AM
I'll be picking it up, so if around this time tomorrow no one's said anything, I'll give ya a full report lol.

zoomy942
06-07-05, 09:17 AM
notice avatar.

PaiN
06-07-05, 12:39 PM
notice avatar.

ya, zoomy....but there's no accounting for your tastes ...hehehe ;)

Riptide
06-07-05, 02:33 PM
I think this game is only $30 @ gamestop so I'll get a copy when it comes out. Thirty bones isn't to bad. :)

zoomy942
06-07-05, 02:36 PM
I think this game is only $30 @ gamestop so I'll get a copy when it comes out. Thirty bones isn't to bad. :)

its not so bad that it didnt come out.. but being delayed several times is nuts and it was on consoles for ages.

it was the quality of the demo. a demo is supposed to get people excited about a game.. not turn them away, and make them chance their avatars

Riptide
06-07-05, 02:38 PM
I wouldn't know. I haven't played the demo. ;)

PaiN
06-07-05, 02:49 PM
Zoomy...your opinion is based on the demo???? You should know better than that.
There are lot of improvements coming in the retail version(at least that's the word) but imo, the demo was fun to play and definately left me wanting more.

zoomy942
06-07-05, 02:57 PM
I wouldn't know. I haven't played the demo. ;)

i wish i could say the same

zoomy942
06-07-05, 02:58 PM
Zoomy...your opinion is based on the demo???? You should know better than that.
There are lot of improvements coming in the retail version(at least that's the word) but imo, the demo was fun to play and definately left me wanting more.

i know i know i am just shocked. i will still buy the game and give it my love.. i gotta:) cause those alines may be poorly rendered but i am still gonna shoot them all:)

OWA
06-07-05, 10:01 PM
I'll probably get it if the retail version will allow some sort of FOV adjustment. As it is now, I can't play it for very long.

Kev1
06-08-05, 01:23 AM
Im still getting it :) I played the demo, and showed my brother and sister the demo, and they thought it was pretty good.

Game play is fun. Just want the graphics to improve a little and be able to adjust video/graphics settings to your liking which you couldnt do in the demo (outside messing with your monitor).

Hopefully after the game comes out, Zoomy will change his avatar for the better :D I too am looking forward to battling those alien b**tards!

Hmmm, where have I heard that before? Answer: some other alien battling guy named Duke Nukem :D

PaiN
06-08-05, 08:51 AM
Looks like another days delay :( .....EB told me the game would be in today(6/8), but I checked the site this morning and now the "ship date" is listed as 6/8...

Riptide
06-08-05, 09:05 AM
So this should be in gamestop or BB stores by this weekend? I'd like to pickup a copy then if I can.

zoomy942
06-08-05, 09:12 AM
this is what i'm talking about.. delays delays.

sure, delays can be expected, but pick a release day and if you arent sure.. pick one that i farther away to start with. its better to be early, than late

weeds
06-08-05, 07:58 PM
I just went to my local gamestop to pick up san andreas and area 51 is in stock. Picked it up to, Its better than the demo. Also this game has starforce.
Seems a little odd that a $29.99 title would have starforce.

Riptide
06-08-05, 08:45 PM
WTF StarForce eh??? Wonderful. Oh well so much for this one until they come out with a version that works w/XP64.

:PopCorn
06-10-05, 08:29 PM
Game runs fine but I'm getting flashing textures on some of the AI skins at times when I cut the flashlight on. I haven't traced down the problem yet. This is using FW 71.89's, so it may be a driver glitch or it may be a overclocking issue. Although I have almost every FPS out installed and no other game has any issues related to heat or overclocking.

It happens only occasionally so it's hard to test. No biggie really but if anyone else notices it, please post. BTW, the game is fun so far.

Peace

K-1
06-10-05, 10:06 PM
Finally got around to installing it, definitely fun. No flashing textures at all for me, and I've gotten fairly far into the game. The reviews are right tho, the early missions where you fight with your squad are the most fun.

One neat thing I've discovered, the mutation dealie is actually really useful! When you mutate, and use the secondary attack (which you don't get til later), that attack homes in on an enemy, then turns him against his own team. Fun stuff :D.

OWA
06-10-05, 10:11 PM
I still haven't been able to find it in my area.

:PopCorn
06-10-05, 11:09 PM
The flashing textures was indeed my 6800 GT memory overclock. I backed off a bit and solved the problem. Strange how no other games cause this problem. Oh well.

I'll blame it on their code and not my overclock I think. :)

Kev1
06-11-05, 12:17 AM
You know what this means, since everyone likes the game Zoomy is gonna have to change his Avatar back :)

So, are there many different things you can tweak in game graphics wise? Tunnel effect gone? I'm still getting it in july cause I want to see Area51 (and shoot Aliens) . Last time I was there I was fined, jailed, and, ummm, some biological tests were done on me :mad: Those bastards are gonna get payback bigtime! :rw: :box: (wack)

zoomy942
06-11-05, 09:21 AM
yeah.. i am gonna reinstall win32 today and try it out.

i am weak.. i bought it yesterday. the thrill of shooting grays was too much for me

Riptide
06-11-05, 09:39 AM
I'm going to buy it today and just use the NOCD crack to get around the gay ass starforce protection which won't work under XP64.

zoomy942
06-11-05, 11:29 AM
huh?

that works?

mnice! no reinstakll for me!