PDA

View Full Version : MS Wants $10 Million for Halo Movie Script, $75 Million Min for Budget

|MaguS|
06-07-05, 03:19 PM
Yeah... Thier insane... no offense but they are going to have to go lower for any company to take the script no matter how well the game sold. Hell the only company I would like to get it wasn't offered it due to being owned by Sony (Columbia Pictures). I dout WB or Fox could do it justice unless they had a great director. I mean WB had to get Nolan to save Batman... and Fox has good directors leaving every second, X3 lost its second director recently...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/07/news_6127059.html

stncttr908
06-07-05, 03:45 PM
Hey, if it's going to be done they want it done right. I think Halo is deserving of a big budget production.

|MaguS|
06-07-05, 03:57 PM
I rather see games with better stories get a big budget production, Halo's is crap. Something like MGS but not Halo, Hell give me a Drakan or Legacy of Kain movie with a big budget over Halo...

aaahhh52
06-07-05, 04:05 PM
I rather see games with better stories get a big budget production, Halo's is crap. Something like MGS but not Halo, Hell give me a Drakan or Legacy of Kain movie with a big budget over Halo...
Hmm, a Legacy of Kain movie would be pretty interesting.

Ninjaman09
06-07-05, 04:26 PM
Agreed. Halo's story, while better than most FPSs', is still boring and hackneyed. Then again, there has never been a good video game movie made, so maybe that's just the jaded moviegoer in me talking. ;)

Bad_Boy
06-07-05, 04:50 PM
Forget halo, I would love a MGS movie, but i would be too afraid that they would ruin it :(

LiquidX
06-07-05, 05:38 PM
I think Halo 2 would make a great movie. And I have say I give MS props for throwing up such big numbers so that studios will think twice about making crap to cash in being that more than $85 million may be at stake. Resident Evil 2 production values left a nasty taste in my mouth because all they did was try and cash in off the name. It is truly one of the worst movies ever made. I hope other game companys take note.

ralinn
06-07-05, 05:54 PM
I agree, I would love to see a Halo movie. I think it would make a good movie too :)

I can't believe they actually used a stuffed dog in one of the scenes in Resident Evil... I switched it off after that :(

Elderblaze
06-07-05, 06:37 PM
Heh, I guess im the only one that enjoyed the RE movies, not an epic or anythin but a nice fun summer movie. RE2 was pure action all the way through. Where they really that bad? Though I never played the games so I don't have any pre-concieved notion of what it should live up to.

stncttr908
06-07-05, 08:45 PM
Think about it - I'm sure more people (really casual gamers specifically) have heard of Halo than have heard of/played MGS and all the others mentioned above combined.

Edge
06-07-05, 09:11 PM
I'm actually glad that they set a "minimum budget" so high. Would at least ensure that whatever company would make it couldn't just grab the license and make a quick buck off of it, it would actually have to be a GOOD enough movie to draw in $75 million worth of sales. Name alone isn't enough to draw a croud, the Final Fantasy movie showed that (and I didn't even think that was a bad movie at all).

And really, the Halo storyline would fit a movie adaptation pretty well. They have plenty of material to draw on (the first book alone could probably be made into several movies), and while the game's storylines aren't anything spectacular, they'd still match up just fine with the storylines that have been in other sci-fi action movies (unless they completely twist the storyline into some convoluted spin-off that has almost nothing to do with what the story is supposed to be about...*cough*Doom*cough*). Although a movie based on the Marathon series might almost be cooler, even though they aren't nearly as well developed.

ricercar
06-07-05, 09:16 PM
Halo has a storyline? Wow. Fooled me.

evilchris
06-07-05, 10:04 PM
I don't know if 75 mil would cover a movie that was true to Halo's universe. The special effects budget alone would be 75 mil. Then again, the actors would be C-list clowns who would work for $2000.00 =)

evilchris
06-07-05, 10:06 PM
Halo has a storyline? Wow. Fooled me.

I think it has a good concept/universe. Story in that universe? No. But one could be made up, it doesn't have to follow Halo or Halo 2. Just need the universe and Master Chief.

Raptorman
06-07-05, 10:21 PM
The books are rather good, imo.
Maybe you should look at the story in the novels more than the linear campaign of the game.

nutcrackr
06-08-05, 12:28 AM
I heard Uwe Boll is after this. :D

steamedrice
06-08-05, 01:11 AM
Think about it - I'm sure more people (really casual gamers specifically) have heard of Halo than have heard of/played MGS and all the others mentioned above combined.

you must be joking if you think ppl who know halo might not know what metal gear solid is, especially since it became so popular back in nintendo with metal gear to playstion to playstation 2, all top selling systems all over the world compared to xbox which just came out 4 years ago -_- plus side is the stories in all the MGS games are all very good with villains that are very memorable.