PDA

View Full Version : Audigy 2 sound card brand new

Cathy
06-08-05, 12:02 PM
I have a Gateway computer it is about 4 years old. My sound card had stopped working so I purchased this new one the Audigy 2 sound card and installed it and it still doesn't work....tried 2 different slots and still no sound will come out of my speakers, windows or a cd. Tested my speakers and they work fine. Checked all the connections and they worked fine......Checked my BIOS and that was set correctly....driver are installed and everything I am running out of ideas. PLEASE HELP! :confused:

Clay
06-08-05, 12:19 PM
I don't mean to state the obvious but it's usually the best place to start.

- Have you installed the drivers for the sound card?
- Have you check to make sure that your Windows volume is not muted?
- Have you checked to make sure that your Windows volume is up to an audible level?

Cathy
06-09-05, 04:36 PM
I don't mean to state the obvious but it's usually the best place to start.

- Have you installed the drivers for the sound card?
- Have you check to make sure that your Windows volume is not muted?
- Have you checked to make sure that your Windows volume is up to an audible level?

Yes I installed the drivers first thing and checked all the volumes and that it was not muted. Do you have any other suggestions?

j0j081
06-09-05, 05:10 PM
may be time for a reformat!

Cathy
06-10-05, 11:05 AM
may be time for a reformat!

The thing is...when my sound card first stopped working was when I upgraded from stupid Windows Me......to Win XP Home Edition. Mind you I just did an up grade and of course nothing worked then. So, I reformated the hard drive and started from scratch and the sound card still didn't work. That's why I replace the darn thing. What I think is happening is Win XP just doesn't like this driver that they have for this sound card.

demonized
06-10-05, 11:26 AM
Since the computer is from gateway and is 4 yrs. old. Is the OLD sound card your talking about onboard? also, can it be disabled through the bios? If, you can't , try disabling it through "device settings" from "My computer".

Clay
06-10-05, 11:39 AM
Also, check your device manager and see if you have any conflicts (denoted as shown in screenshot below).

http://img94.echo.cx/img94/9420/pdbasa2ru.gif

Cathy
06-10-05, 05:35 PM
Since the computer is from gateway and is 4 yrs. old. Is the OLD sound card your talking about onboard? also, can it be disabled through the bios? If, you can't , try disabling it through "device settings" from "My computer".

The sound card is not on-board it was a PCI card and I did replace it. This a brand new sound card and it still doesn't work.......Already checked BIOS and also.

Cathy
06-10-05, 05:37 PM
Also, check your device manager and see if you have any conflicts (denoted as shown in screenshot below).

http://img94.echo.cx/img94/9420/pdbasa2ru.gif
I did check the device manager and there are not any conflicts with sound card.....everything says it working fine.

j0j081
06-10-05, 06:10 PM
This may sound dumb but where are you plugging your speakers/headphones into? A lot of the time people try using the front ones (if there are any) on the computer which no longer work when you change sound devices. I doubt this applys to you though as you already upgraded once.

Also, have you tried a different pci slot?

Clay
06-10-05, 09:20 PM
Cathy, thanks for being patient with us here that are trying to help. I realize many of our questions may seem pretty obvious but that is always the best place to start.

demonized
06-11-05, 07:48 AM
In the sound control panel , go to options and select advanced properties. then click the advanced buttton under "play control" and see if "digital out" is ticked or not.

Cathy
06-15-05, 10:48 AM
In the sound control panel , go to options and select advanced properties. then click the advanced buttton under "play control" and see if "digital out" is ticked or not.

The digital out was ticked but I have BA7500G speakers that I am plugging in to this sound card.......I have been doing some research and it says that this speakers will not work unless that is checked.........I'm not sure if this is the problem because on windows help they say to un check it and that should solve the problem but on Boston Accoustic website it says these speakers won't work.......not sure maybe I am not plugging it in to the right port in the back of the computer........I'm getting more and more confused because of conflicting information.

Cathy
06-15-05, 10:51 AM
Cathy, thanks for being patient with us here that are trying to help. I realize many of our questions may seem pretty obvious but that is always the best place to start.

Thank you for your help......I do appreciate the help believe me. I am not getting aggravated with anyone that helps me......I am just aggravated with this sound card issue. Been working on this issue for a long time.

ViN86
06-15-05, 08:32 PM
it also might be good to add that windows ME was the worst OS ever released... i mean ever... its all buggy and terrible because micro$oft rushed it into production.

might be time for a format :(

Cathy
06-16-05, 08:47 AM
it also might be good to add that windows ME was the worst OS ever released... i mean ever... its all buggy and terrible because micro$oft rushed it into production.

might be time for a format :(

Like I said I have gotten rid of Windows Me and have already done a complete format got rid of Windows ME all together. I agree with your statement about Windows ME it is terrible.

Cathy
06-16-05, 08:53 AM
Thank you for everyones helps. I used demonized suggestion and that worked.......The only problem now is only 2 of my 4 speakers work. Tried running creative dianogstics and it's saying that my speaker wires are turned around......the only problem is with that is my speakers are color code and in the back of the subwoofer it is plug into according to the color. Also it's not regular speaker wire the connections look like the of the headphone jack. Therefore there is no way that they are switched. I think it is a simple setting that I have to choose just not sure where to go. When I play a cd the subwoofer works......but when I use the test it says it doesn't. Don't you love that. If anyone else has solution for this it would be greatly appreciated. On this issue I have not really had time to troubleshoot so any suggestions are welcome.