PDA

View Full Version : Abit Fatal1ty AN8 SLi

Maximillian79
06-09-05, 03:49 PM
Anyone tryed this board? or seen some tests?

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=246

Clay
06-09-05, 04:06 PM
There are a number of reviews of it, just Google for them if you haven't already. As for personal experience I don't think many people here have the board. While a good board the consensus seems to be that it is overpriced quite a bit and is not the best of the best as it tries to paint itself.

jAkUp
06-09-05, 05:09 PM
Meh, I would never replace Oskar Wu with Jonathan "Fatl1ty" Wendell. That is, IMO, why Abit has gone downhill ever sine he left.

1337_Like_ThaT
06-09-05, 07:15 PM
You have to admit that the OTES mosfet and Ram cooling is pretty sick :p Though I would probably never buy this board because it will never be as good as IC7 series

Maximillian79
06-10-05, 10:39 AM
so no one who actually has it yet?

still trying to figure wich SLI board I should get.
kinda stuck between the DFI, Asus or maybe this Abit

RAMChYLD
06-15-05, 11:41 AM
I dunno. Call me old-fashioned, but the absence of a Parallel and Serial port seems to make it not appealing to me :-/ . Yeah, I know, those can be added via a USB adapter, but then, I dunno. took me a few weeks to get over the fact that I can't use my AWE64 on my A7N8X-X (crazy)

1337_Like_ThaT
06-15-05, 01:47 PM
Yes, old fasion you are :). But I know how you feel, I recall when purchasing my Abit IC7-Max III, my dad picked up a Garmin GPS system and what do you know, it required serial connection >! LOL, god bless serial to USB converters :p

jAkUp
06-16-05, 10:13 AM
hehehe

The absence of parallel and serial ports is plus to me :) I want a board with no IDE ports now...

Riptide
06-16-05, 10:36 AM
LOL, I still have peripherals that use serial. My UPS has a serial interface with the computer. It's an old model but that's the thing: you don't replace a UPS, just the battery. I'll probably be using this thing in another 10 years. :)

marqmajere
06-17-05, 02:02 AM
I couldn't buy that board. Everytime I'd fire up my computer, I'd think of THIS!