PDA

View Full Version : Game with the highest requirements

jAkUp
06-09-05, 06:11 PM
What is the game that had the highest "required specs" that you have ever seen? I'm talking about being listed on the box? Is it Battlefield 2?

Sazar
06-09-05, 06:14 PM
DNF. Coz by the time its announced and stuff, a new re-write makes it need nextgen hardware again. :angel:

But yah, I think BF2 might be tops at the moment.

demonized
06-09-05, 07:18 PM
lol. who checks the requirements on the box?
I don't even remember the last time i looked at it.

jAkUp
06-09-05, 07:22 PM
Yea, I look at them just for the hell of it :D :D :D

Son Goku
06-09-05, 08:06 PM
Highest requirements overall, or relative to the time it came out?

If it's the latter, I don't remember all the box specs anymore, but there were people in the past who complained that the Ultima series of games just didn't play well, until they were able to upgrade their computers with that wasn't even available until sometime after it's release (read in terms of years, as I remember)...

LT.Schaffer
06-09-05, 08:06 PM
Yeah Bf2
Maybe Valve's Lost Coast Level lol :D
And Myst 4 Had To me the most Hard Drive Room Needed [8 GB Install :eek: ]
Heck even Operation Flashpoint which is about 5 years old, can not be played at full settings even on today's hardware

MustangSVT
06-09-05, 08:09 PM
Lock On.

|MaguS|
06-09-05, 08:19 PM
Eq2

SH64
06-09-05, 09:05 PM
Possibly BF2 yep!

BioHazZarD
06-10-05, 06:41 AM
Lost Coast seems real high for me.

vX
06-10-05, 11:12 AM
Yea BF2/Lost Coast. Both seem to have the most insane requirements for what they look like. I don't see anything in BF2 or LC that requires a amd64 cpu and super high-end gpu. Now enemy territory, prey, ut2007, yeah, those fit the look for high req. but bf2/lc...I don't get it. Cpu/Gpu have to work extra to pump out all that desert sand or what?

Edge
06-10-05, 11:14 AM
Battlefield 2 will probably the be highest (especially for the videocard...no GF3 or GF4 support? wtf?), although Everquest 2 wasn't far behind.

Smokey
06-10-05, 06:57 PM
Battlefield 2 will probably the be highest (especially for the videocard...no GF3 or GF4 support? wtf?), although Everquest 2 wasn't far behind.

I believe that is due to the lack of support for PS 1.4, which ATI have supported since the 8500.

Can't say I've played may new games of late, almost finished DL the BF2 demo, so I'll see if it's as bad is everyone is saying in this thread with regards to specs!

red_star
06-11-05, 01:46 AM
BF2 is a joke compared to Far Cry, HL2 and Doom 3, and that tells me that EA people suck, so badly that they make half-ass beta game with insane high requirements cause they know **** about making games...

anzak
06-11-05, 02:44 AM
BF2 is a joke compared to Far Cry, HL2 and Doom 3

Those are single player games for the most part. Not designed for the massive maps/players that BF2 supports.

cause they know **** about making games...

ROFL! You have never been more right. EA is a publisher (you know, the ones that make the money), not a developer. They simply market the game.

Yuet
06-11-05, 05:11 AM
Any future games that will come will have an absolute higher requirement, so I say, at this time, I have not see the highest game requirements yet.

But for relative requirement, I say, Ultima 9, need a computer in almost 2 years time in future in order to play it "smooth".

Clay
06-12-05, 10:41 PM
ROFL! You have never been more right. EA is a publisher (you know, the ones that make the money), not a developer. They simply market the game.Yeah, kind of like saying that Don King is a horrible boxer or that Staples employees couldn't hit a game winning shot like Kobe can. :D

Bad_Boy
06-12-05, 11:57 PM
I dont think the requirements for BF2 is all that high for a game in 2005 except for the memory requirement, which is one of the highest ive seen for a game lately.

EciDemon
06-13-05, 12:40 AM
Any future games that will come will have an absolute higher requirement, so I say, at this time, I have not see the highest game requirements yet.

But for relative requirement, I say, Ultima 9, need a computer in almost 2 years time in future in order to play it "smooth".

Hehe oh yeah, I do remember Ultima 9, when I first bought it I played on amd k6 266mhz, riva tnt 16mb agp and 64mb ram.
That was pain....

I tried it later on with more close to the recomended specs, 450mhz 160mb ram and Gf2mx and it was still unplayable in many places.

I did play thro the game on my current system but before i got the gf6 card and it was so much fun and enjoyable when you have good framerates :D