PDA

View Full Version : Apple Cinema Display 20"

lightman
06-12-05, 10:31 AM
I usually wouldn't consider a LCD monitor, but...

Long story short, I may be able to get a brand new 20" Apple Cinema Display for about 150 euro :D

Now, there are a couple of things that I worry about.

First off, it has a nice 16:10 ratio, and this is puzzling me. Since most games don't support 16:10 resolutions, how will it work ? Will it stretch the 4:3 resolutions horizzontally to fully fit the display, or will it simply use the central part of the screen, leaving two blank spaces on the left and right of the image ?

Then, what about the fact that I won't prolly be able to play at 1680x1050, given my little 6600GT ? How will the image quality be at, say, 1024x640 or 1280x800 (or 1024x768, provided it wouldn't strech it) ?

Thank you very much,

lightman

MUYA
06-12-05, 10:33 AM
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/

That website has a froum discussing widescreen gaming.

They have help and screenshots with just about any game.

I am intersted in purchaing a Dell 20" wide screen monitor...in a few months to complement 2 SLI G70s...in a couple of months...hmm ya

lightman
06-12-05, 10:36 AM
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/

I am intersted in purchaing a Dell 20" wide screen monitor...in a few months to complement 2 SLI G70s...in a couple of months...hmm ya

Now, that was *fast* :D

Btw, the Dell 2005WFP uses the same LG.Philips panel as the Apple :)

MUYA
06-12-05, 10:38 AM
Ya and teh Dell in retail is cheaper :)

But for 150 euros and provided it was in good condition..I would jump on the deal :D

lightman
06-12-05, 10:57 AM
But for 150 euros and provided it was in good condition..

Well, it's not in good condition... it's brand NEW, that is, directly from apple :D

Btw, took a look at the link you gave me, quite awesome, thx again :)

MUYA
06-12-05, 11:08 AM
np and enjoi that mon when ya get it :)

lightman
07-13-05, 05:48 AM
So, after some time, here it is in all its glory! :D

Men, this baby is simply *gorgeous* ...

Crisp clear, with an amazing viewing angle, perfect colors (and after having calibrated it with my Monaco Optix they're even better), incredibly stilish, and absolutely no ghosting whatsoever. :D

And all of these for only 110 euro, brand new :) ... It pays off building good friendship with suppliers ;) :D

Now I just have to get another one for the other PC ;)

PS: yeah, I know, the pictures are crappy, but I haven't got hte time to take some better ones right now ;)

MUYA
07-13-05, 07:51 AM
That looks fantastic mate! good job on yer purchase!!!

six_storm
07-13-05, 01:44 PM
Where did you get a deal like that? Any way I could grab something like that . . . hint hint :D I just got back from the Apple store in Nashville and I just love their monitors (especially the 30") but who doesn't?

BTW, congrats on your purchase. :)