PDA

View Full Version : Video Overlay problems

mekantor
06-13-05, 02:16 PM
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues like this so at least I won't feel alone. When I enable TV output and full-screen any overlay video source on my main monitor, flickering lines show up. The lines show near white areas of the video, they are horizontal only and have varing lengths. They flicker very fast, I think maybe even 60 times per sec., so this might be related to how the card produces an interlaced analog signal for the TV. The video displayed on the TV doesnt do this.

If I turn off TV output, this problem vanishes.

Relevant hardware:
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard
Asus V8440 Graphics Card (Ti4400) (tv encoder Conexant CX25871) (bios 4.25.00.26)

Software:
DirectX 9.0c
Windows XP Pro SP2
ForceWare 71.89

Thanks

WimpMiester
06-13-05, 10:22 PM
I have the same problem but it's my TV that flickers or shows garbage. I changed to High Quality mode and everything worked fine until the E3 show. Ever since then Gamespot videos only work using Overlay and they don't switch my TV to fullscreen mode. Every other site I go to and videos I have all still work perfectly in High Quality mode so Gamespot screwed something up with their videos and don't seem to be interested in fixing it. Almost forgot, they blame Java update for the problem but I uninstalled Java and reinstalled it and it didn't fix the videos on their site.

mekantor
06-15-05, 02:44 PM
Every once in a while my TV will show some trash, but its usually enough to just restart the video and everything is back to normal.

Quicktime from the web or from a file will always make a mess of everything, usually it will make my main monitor go dark, and only display on the TV, even when the video is over.

Do you use a DVI connection for your main monitor? I think that might have something to do with this becuase I dont think I had this problem when I used a CRT.

WimpMiester
06-15-05, 03:26 PM
I don't use DVI and QuickTime has never given me a problem, only WMP has problems with TV-OUT when in Overlay mode. Also, Overlay mode is a little darker than High Quality mode on my system.