PDA

View Full Version : San Andreas SLI Profile?

Kickus_assius
06-13-05, 11:46 PM
My one 6600GT kind of sucks ass with this game, so does any one have the profile to fire up the second one for SLI? I tried this german guy's nhancer one, but it doesn't work.

JimBobb
06-14-05, 08:44 AM
http://www.nhancer.com

Not work? What using you for a Forceware?

_Phil_
06-14-05, 09:35 AM
How on earth could a single 6600GT struggle with a game that looks so dated?

Surely there must be something else up?

Grestorn
06-14-05, 09:43 AM
My one 6600GT kind of sucks ass with this game, so does any one have the profile to fire up the second one for SLI? I tried this german guy's nhancer one, but it doesn't work.
What kind of problem do you have with the profile?

You realize that you have to install nHancer to use it, don't you?

Just let me know, I'll help you out!

Kickus_assius
06-14-05, 07:59 PM
I am using 71.89. I install nhancer and the profile from nhancer.com. I get light blue lines flickering across the screen. The game works fine with single mode enabled. Should I move to a newer driver? I don't like beta drivers, but I guess I could give it a shot.

Oh and it doesn't struggle too badly, it just goes to about 30FPS during certain parts, but I imagine SLI would push it above 60 all the time.

macachia
06-15-05, 01:37 AM
it used to work fine with 77.13, but with 77.30 (bf2 drivers), i get blue lines across the screen while in SLI

Grestorn
06-15-05, 02:00 AM
it used to work fine with 77.13, but with 77.30 (bf2 drivers), i get blue lines across the screen while in SLI
Interesting ... this is bad news. I hope they'll fix that.

Since I'm not planning to play BF2, I can stick with the old beta driver. But I should probably add the info that this profile only works with a specific driver version to its description.

Has anyone else tried the profile with other driver versions?

_Stellar_
06-15-05, 08:15 AM
GTA runs fine on a single card here.
It 's not a raving mad gpu stress game.
Remove the fps lock and it will play just fine with the max settings

Grestorn
06-15-05, 09:57 AM
GTA runs fine on a single card here.
It 's not a raving mad gpu stress game.
Remove the fps lock and it will play just fine with the max settings
That's not the point. Of course it runs just well without SLI, but you can't use 8xS or 16xS without SLI, and this game really needs SS to get rid of all the texture shimmering.

BTW, I'd leave the frame limiter enabled. The game does become smoother with it turned on. It's not a fps, where every frame per second is at least worth a hundred frags :)

_Stellar_
06-15-05, 01:50 PM
That's not the point. Of course it runs just well without SLI, but you can't use 8xS or 16xS without SLI, and this game really needs SS to get rid of all the texture shimmering.

BTW, I'd leave the frame limiter enabled. The game does become smoother with it turned on. It's not a fps, where every frame per second is at least worth a hundred frags :)Well i dont have that type of texture shimerring and i have all maxed out.
But with the fps lock the game does not seem smooth :S
Cheers m8

Grestorn
06-15-05, 02:31 PM
Well i dont have that type of texture shimerring and i have all maxed out.
But with the fps lock the game does not seem smooth :S
Cheers m8
Look at the trees, especially the palm trees. move the mouse slightly (while on foot). Notice how the leaves pop in and out, causing a shimmering effect. The whole image starts to shimmer as soon as you move.

I guess some people accept this effect for granted when watching 3D graphics and don't even realize that it's a rendering artifact which can and should be avoided.

You can make an experiment. Use 800x600. This is low enough so that every nVidia machine should be able to use 16xS with it. Watch the scene with 4xMSAA. Move around a little. Notice all the rendering artifacts everywhere, especially in the foliage. Then enable 16xS and watch the same scene.

Don't tell me you don't see the difference.

radekhulan
06-15-05, 06:58 PM
GTA SLI profile for nHancer does not work, at least not with 77.50 and 77.62, when I enable SLI:AFR I get multiple orange stripes on my screen, which will dissapear when I change game resolution.. Strange. Single rendering works ok from the start..

UPDATE: I've installed XG 77.13 drivers, nHancer GTA SLI profile, and it works great with 16xS AA :-)

Grestorn
06-16-05, 05:32 AM
GTA SLI profile for nHancer does not work, at least not with 77.50 and 77.62, when I enable SLI:AFR I get multiple orange stripes on my screen, which will dissapear when I change game resolution.. Strange. Single rendering works ok from the start..

UPDATE: I've installed XG 77.13 drivers, nHancer GTA SLI profile, and it works great with 16xS AA :-)
A new profile is coming shortly that should work with all driver versions (I hope).

Kickus_assius
06-16-05, 07:51 PM
doesn't matter for me anymore, one of my 6600GTs died last night.