PDA

View Full Version : current 'best' drivers for SLI and WoW?

karmadharma
06-15-05, 04:50 PM
A8N-SLI deluxe, 2x6800GT

currently still running 67.66 but SLI doesn't work in WoW (crashes within a few minutes if I enable it in nvapps.xml), I have been holding on upgrading since IQ with them is great and every game I own (far cry, HL2, grand prix legends, ...) works perfectly with them with no crashes whatsoever or temperature problems, but I'd really like to have SLI work in WoW since that's what I've been playing mostly exclusively for the last few weeks.

From the feedback here it seems that 77.13 is the current best, what do you think? If it was possible to get SLI to work with WoW in 67.66 for sure I wouldn't upgrade at all.

I also tend to uninstall/install drivers without doing the driver cleaner thing (I don't like the idea of a 3rd party app mucking around that kind of stuff) and I was wondering if anybody here has done the 67.66 -> 77.13 upgrade that way (uninstall, reboot, install).

saturnotaku
06-15-05, 04:53 PM
I also tend to uninstall/install drivers without doing the driver cleaner thing (I don't like the idea of a 3rd party app mucking around that kind of stuff)

Why not? I've used DC since its inception and it's worked perfectly for every application I've needed it (Creative, NVIDIA, ATI, Realtek, et al). The only way you can screw up is if you don't follow the directions, which are explicitly clear in the documentation.