PDA

View Full Version : the great 6600GT story.

Mr.Niceguy
06-16-05, 06:29 AM
a while back, i found these forums in the hopes that i could find a fix to all the issues that my brand spankin new XFX 6600GT was giving me. i have to say that i am damn glad i found this place. :D since all that i have found the best drivers for me and the VIA chipset problem to be from tweaksrus. good show on the guy that found them!! ;)

anyway, thought i just drop in and leave a big thank you, and maybe a sign of proof that there is a fix for everything. this is a video i made using the new Battlefield 2 demo and Fraps. i hope you enjoy it. signpost whizzing by, grab a pukebag, you're gonna need it!

mms://69.93.193.218/bf2air :eek:

you may need to copy/paste the link in your browser.

darkrider01
06-16-05, 02:58 PM
I'd like to say thanks alot to Mr. Niceguy. Now there is another game that'll have me stupid addicted for the next 4 years.......just like BF1942. I hadn't been THAT interested in BF2 until I watched your video, and now I hope I can sleep for the excitement I feel now. I'd like to pose a question though. Do you always have those crazy shadow glitches? May help your performance (not that it needs help...was running fast to me..) to turn the shadows off....

Anyways, nice video. Thanks for sharing with us.

OWA
06-16-05, 03:11 PM
I'd like to pose a question though. Do you always have those crazy shadow glitches? May help your performance (not that it needs help...was running fast to me..) to turn the shadows off....

Anyways, nice video. Thanks for sharing with us.
The shadow glitches can be fixed by using the beta drivers that are bundled with the demo (77.30).

Congrats on getting everything working Mr. Niceguy.

jolle
06-16-05, 03:36 PM
great video!
Like OWA said tho, fix that shadowbug with 77.30, which is in your BF2 demo dir/Nvidia driver.. or something like that.

Kamel
06-16-05, 04:15 PM
wow, nice. you're a heck of a pilot, and your friends too. i could only hope that someday i be able to fly a plane to the ability not to crash into nearby buildings... so far i haven't figured it out yet, lol

Mr.Niceguy
06-16-05, 05:33 PM
:D thanks for good words on the movie...i really outdid my past video work with that baby. :D

as for the drivers.....do those new ones fix the previous issues with the 6600gt/VIA chipset conflict? (2d loading screens buggy, NO ability for FRAPS or screenshots....etc...) :confused: (throwpc)

that conflict was how i found these forums in the first place. before i switch drivers i just wanted to know if Nvidia had gotten off their arse and fixed that problem, BEFORE I TRY ANOTHER NVIDIA DRIVER. (spit)

OWA
06-16-05, 08:20 PM
I didn't want to watch the video at work so I just got through watching it. Great video!! That was awesome. Man, without the shadow bug that would have been perfect.

Mr.Niceguy
06-16-05, 10:50 PM
oh just you wait...this is only the beginning. when we get the full game, more planes, all that...gonna be sick. just sick. we are already planning a 5 man jet formation and trick show. stupid as the internet will let us get!

i'm glad you guys like it. i knew this would turn heads. see nothing but peeps dying in our server and others, just trying to go under the bridge!!!

btw, our BF2 server...if it's ok to list here....is

69.93.193.219 gotta join by IP since we pissed off EA by taking the time limits off and all that.
all that is another story.......

OWA
06-17-05, 02:27 PM
You should put a link to the video in the gaming forum so more gaming people will see it (use a different title so people will know what it's about).

deathBOB
06-18-05, 05:36 PM
What settings? Whats the rest of you system like?