PDA

View Full Version : Leadtek 6800 GTs High Temps

Renalan
06-19-05, 07:17 AM
I'm running two Leadtek 6800 GTs under a load of Firefox and miscellaneous programs the first one is running at about 74/57 and the second card is running at 71/56. They're performance overclocked to 400/1100. When I'm gaming I've seen the cards get up to 90 degrees.

The temperature inside my case stays around 30 degrees and I've jerry-rigged a desktop fan to blow onto the cards. With the fan on I can get the cards down to about 60/40 idle. I'm running 77.30s and I'm looking for any solutions to dropping my temps (aside from the extra fan).

jolle
06-19-05, 08:03 AM
Put Zalman VF700CU or AC NV6s on them.. that would bring the temp down and also lower the noise.. Should fit SLI too I think..
Viods the warranty tho..

Dropped my Max Load temp from 90ish to about 53c with a Zalman..

EDIT
a bit related, quieting down SLI article using NV6s..
http://www.nvnews.net/articles/quietsli/page_5.shtml

rewt
06-19-05, 08:15 AM
Dropped my Max Load temp from 90ish to about 53c with a Zalman..

Truthfully, what effect did that have on performance & overclocking?

jolle
06-19-05, 08:23 AM
Truthfully, what effect did that have on performance & overclocking?

Didnt do much benchmarking, I couldnt OC at all with Gigabytes stock cooler (that crappy Heatpipething) without going over 100C which I wasnt comfortable with..
Didnt really explore how high I could go with the Zalman cooler, but the "Auto clocking" feature in Forceware set the card to 420 from 350.
I set it myself to 410/1100 and kept it there, GPU stayed around 53C at full load..
If felt "smoother" at stock speeds too, either that was a placebo effect, or the card was throttling due to high temp with stock cooler..

made a thread about it when I bought it, here:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46027

EDIT
btw Im not really a OCer, I just upped it a bit cause I could and the temp was low enough..
Reason I got the cooler was cause I was worried about that 90c load temp, a pleasant side effect was that the Zalman was completly silent in my case, which the Gigabyte cooler was NOT.