PDA

View Full Version : Running 6600GT in agp 4x?

darkmist888
06-20-05, 10:03 PM
Hey, I was browsing through various forums and sites trying to solve a problem I have with my Leadtek 6600GT and one of the fixes was to run the card in AGP 4x instead of 8x. The only problem is im not sure how to do that. I have an ASUS A7N8X nforce2 mobo. I have looked through the nvidia graphics tab in display and can not find any option. The only thing I can think of is in my BIOS i have an option of "Enable AGP 8x". If i turn this off, will it run 4x? It doesnt say in the mobo manual, and i cant find anything about this on the asus support page.

Also, is there anyway of telling what AGP speed my card is running at to begin with?

gram_vaz
06-21-05, 01:45 AM
have you tried scrolling through that 'enable agp8x' option? maybe there is an 'enable agp4x option there'? there are sometimes hidden options in certain motherboard bios that you have to press a certain key combination to access.

also, you can just enable agp4x in rivatuner, i believe you have to install nvstrap to access that option. you can also switch to agp4x in powerstrip.