PDA

View Full Version : Apple is going to = pwn3e

oldsk00l
06-21-05, 12:35 PM
http://www.thetechzone.com/?m=show&id=283

My disappointment was captured by an Apple spokesman who commented on what the switch does not mean: "We will not allow running Mac OS X on anything other than an Apple Mac." Future "Mactel" computers will have specially designated Intel chips, not generic x86 compatible chips found in common PCs. My sources say that Jobs is going to use Intel's cryptographic technology called LaGrande to make sure OS X will only boot on Apple-branded hardware. This is a similar technique to the one that Microsoft used to make sure Linux could not be loaded on Xbox.

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marcos
06-21-05, 12:40 PM
i dont get it : (

Banko
06-21-05, 12:43 PM
The fact that the similar method was used on the XBox, and that it was hacked, they will probably easily hack it so OS X installs on all x86 cpu's.

Marcos
06-21-05, 12:49 PM
ohhh thx haha

Riptide
06-21-05, 01:11 PM
Or perhaps they'll do something different this time that makes it more difficult. I know everyone is skeptical, and rightfully so. But past results are no guarantee of future outcomes. They may eventually find a way that can't be cracked or gotten around. They've had minimal success so far but that is no guarantee.

Zelda_fan
06-21-05, 02:02 PM
You know my opinion on the subject Apple = PWND.

BTW is it my imagination or didn't MS buy them out a few years ago? So basically Apple is MS's bitches. LOL I love the sound of that. Why hasn't MS just shut them down.

oldsk00l
06-21-05, 02:26 PM
They didn't acquire a controlling stake, and the shares they did buy didn't give them voting rights.

zoomy942
06-21-05, 02:54 PM
The fact that the similar method was used on the XBox, and that it was hacked, they will probably easily hack it so OS X installs on all x86 cpu's.

thats the thing about all these ways that companies try to prevent things.

when you sell a consumer product, everyone has it at home. some people, many of which are frighteningly talented with technology, just sit at home all day and try to break into it. it will happen, as it always has.

rohit
06-21-05, 03:22 PM
I always imagined runnning a mac and windows on the same comp. Hope fully some day!
Now that they are figiting around with x86, i feel that day is near...

so a mac will be added to my current Multi OS that includes XP,98se,2000nt, red-hat linux and soon to get XP x86-64 when it releases here!

oldsk00l
06-21-05, 03:33 PM
Don't think for a second that Michael Robertson isn't going to offer a prize to whomever figures out the hack.

I'm sure having a huge cash prize for the Linux on XBOX contest spurred things along nicely.

I have to hand it to Robertson, the dude is good at spite :D

gram_vaz
06-21-05, 05:56 PM
god i hope it is cracked. i wanna use a mac os!