PDA

View Full Version : New driver issue with my old game...

balu
06-21-05, 02:26 PM
I have an older game: Startrek Armada, and my problem is, tha the game won't work propertly with new drivers. With the old 40.42 detonator it works correctly, but with newers ones not. The textures are not in their positions and everything is scrambled. With my old pc (it had Gf2 GTS) i have installed back the old driver, but with my new Gf6600 GT i can use only newer drivers.
Is there any possibility, to set the new driver so, that the game would work correctly? :confused:

balu
06-21-05, 03:51 PM
It looks like so:
http://balu.dravanet.hu/armadasc1.jpg

CaptNKILL
06-21-05, 03:58 PM
Wow that looks sweet, id leave it :D

Seriously though, Im not sure what would cause that... have you checked any Star Trek game fan sites? Chances are you'll have better luck on sites dedicated to those games. But first, try 61.77 drivers or try the very newest Betas you can find. If niether of those work, then you'll most likely have to find a fix on a site dedicated to that game.

balu
06-21-05, 04:50 PM
I have tried it. All patches for the game are installed.

Milfeulle
06-21-05, 04:51 PM
It looks like so:
http://balu.dravanet.hu/armadasc1.jpg
Wow, Andy Warhol would be proud of this! :D
Anyway, try the new 77.50 Whql drivers. If they don't fix it, you'll probably need a patch for the game.

balu
06-21-05, 04:51 PM
There must be something changes in the nvidia driver since 40.xx, that it wont work.

Milfeulle
06-21-05, 04:55 PM
There must be something changes in the nvidia driver since 40.xx, that it wont work.
I'd be surprised if there we no changes between 40.xx and 77.50 :D
If it works fine with your old card, but not with your new one, it might be the fault of the card.
Can you tell us the card's temperatures?

balu
06-21-05, 04:56 PM
I have tried 60.xx, 7x.xx whql drivers, but it seems not to work. The old 40.xx drivers are fine. But now that i have 6600GT i can only use new drivers... :(
Something must be incompatible.... Is there any way to change the buffering? I thing i have seen likely in the past with 3dmarkk99. When the frame buffering was set to single, the same effect was there. It could be the same. Where can i set double, or triple frame buffering? Rivatuner can make that?

balu
06-21-05, 04:57 PM
My old card with the newer driver made also that... So there is no card problem, it is on the driver...

Milfeulle
06-21-05, 05:03 PM
RivaTuner should be able to do that... otherwise, try PowerStrip.