PDA

View Full Version : help system crashes whenever a game is run

chrisdn16
06-21-05, 04:46 PM
hi every1

os-windows xp home edition 2000 pack 2
pro-amd sempron 3000
card - nvidia geforce 6200

hi my problem is that when ever i run a game my system will either crash or the game will crash. it seems to play for a while then freeze or it will start up and when ever it gets to the games menu it wuill then crash. i have just bought this pc and i have been unable to play sims 2, lotr: battle for middle earth, simpsond hit and run and a few others. the only game i have been able to play is homeworld 2. i have updated my drivers and they are all compatable.

is there anybody out there who can help me as it will be greatly appreciated.

after just re-reading what i have wrote aren't all these games ea games, could it be something to do with that maybe?

thankyou

Milfeulle
06-21-05, 05:01 PM
EA likes to screw their costumers,but I don't think that's the cause for your crashes.

There may be an overheating problem on your card, or also on the Cpu, or perhaps the psu is too weak.

gram_vaz
06-21-05, 07:06 PM
and if anything is oc'ed it could be unstable.

j0j081
06-21-05, 07:24 PM
Is your system prebuilt or have you done it yourself? The reason I ask is because prebuilt computers usually come with a bunch of crap installed and it's best to do a clean format else anything could happen.

chrisdn16
06-22-05, 09:20 AM
hi my system was prebuilt for me from a well known local computer shop and ive tried some old games that i had before and they work fine. ive only had it for a couple of weeks so i am thinking of sending it back.

thanks for all the help