PDA

View Full Version : Blinking triangles or spikes

BAHO
06-21-05, 05:39 PM
Hi !

I have some artefacts in Battlefield 2. Yesterday I've got new video - asus n6200ge and after 5-8 minutes of playing I see strange flashing black triangles or may be spikes out of models. The height (length) and number of spikes are grown while playing the game. Not all games are subject to distortion. DOOM3, HL2, FarCry plays perfect. Interesting, that my previous video is geforce4 ti4200 and it has absolutly the same problem. I even thinked, that my previous video is damaged and after buying the new card I experience the same problem :( So, I think, that the problem is not in video, but who knows... I've recorded some AVI, which illustrates the problem:
http://starwalker.100free.com/1.avi
http://starwalker.100free.com/2.avi
http://starwalker.100free.com/3.avi
These video fragments are captured by Fraps from Battlefield 2.

My configuration:
Motherboard: Gigabyte 8IPE1000
Video: ASUS N6200GE (Not Overclocked) AGP
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2,4GHz
RAM: 1 GB DDR (Dual Channel)
Sound: SB Live! Player 5.1

Please, HELP ! :)

gram_vaz
06-21-05, 07:05 PM
that looks like an odd driver problem or your gpu is overheating.

j0j081
06-21-05, 07:26 PM
Did you install the special drivers for bf2?

BAHO
06-21-05, 08:19 PM
Did you install the special drivers for bf2?

Yes, I've uninstalled older drivers, cleaned registry and files with DriverCleaner and then installed new drivers, which come with the BF2.

GPU Temperature is 41C/105F, Video RAM Temp. is 43C/109F
Voltage: Vcc-3.31, Vcore-1.30, AGP-1.48, FB-2.64

Anyway, I remember that with the same configuration except video (my old video card was gf4 ti4200) in some games I've seen the same black spikes. For example - in IL-2 Sturmovik, Massive Assault. Interesting, that in 3DMark'03 and 3DMark'05 everything is ok, even after 30-40 minutes continuous testing. May the the problem is in the motherboard ? Unfortunately, I can't test the card in other computer now, but I think if two different not overclocked video cards show the same problem, then probably the problem is elsewhere. :confused:

Now I'm with ForceWare 77.50 beta, all other drivers, like for chipset (Intel 865PE) and DirectX 9.0c are latest versions and reinstalled, but the problem still persist :confused:

P.S. There are some problem with hosting, so here are another links for .AVIs:
1.avi (http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2MQ6235CWY00233HL91MK3B8KZ)
2.avi (http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3SBYXIKO4APJJ199ZYB8CS0H4K)
3.avi (http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=05YMKF98YPUMH0OBAYC0N7M21D)

AnimasterZ
06-21-05, 10:51 PM
How much memory is on the new card and how much was on the old card?

aZn_plyR
06-21-05, 11:52 PM
HERE'S a fix!!!!!! same problem here with my 6800ultra.......

set agp to 4x and ALL SHALL BE GOOD :) I get the exact same thing!!! but agp4x fixed it up :) and no performance hit either.. enjoy!

and O YAH I have a gigabyte Board too!!! if this fix works.. must be a gigabyte related thingy!!!

BAHO
06-22-05, 06:34 AM
HERE'S a fix!!!!!! same problem here with my 6800ultra.......

set agp to 4x and ALL SHALL BE GOOD :) I get the exact same thing!!! but agp4x fixed it up :) and no performance hit either.. enjoy!

and O YAH I have a gigabyte Board too!!! if this fix works.. must be a gigabyte related thingy!!!

Unfortunately, it doesn't help :(

BAHO
06-22-05, 06:40 AM
How much memory is on the new card and how much was on the old card?

Both cards have 128MB DDR

Delbert
06-22-05, 07:09 AM
Hello BAHO
Had similar problems to this in Joint OPs for the past year. Driver versions made no difference. Only thing that always cured it was to run with High Quality set in the NVidia settings ( i.e. turn optimisations off ). Never have issues in other games either.
Question:- Is it only in the full version or demo also ?
I have to admit i have run the demo at 'Quality' + 'Performance' settings and have not seen those thing happen.

Delbert
06-22-05, 11:30 AM
BAHO.... just noticed your AGP volt level 1.48. This may be the issue. I have read previously in these forums of people with the same card as mine ( BFG6800GT) having issues, they rang BFG Support and they were advised to increase their AGP voltage a bit. It seemed to have fixed their issues. Unfortunately, i cannot do this with my ancient M/B+BIOS, so i just run at 'HIGH QUALITY' in everything.

BAHO
06-22-05, 12:29 PM
Hello BAHO
Had similar problems to this in Joint OPs for the past year. Driver versions made no difference. Only thing that always cured it was to run with High Quality set in the NVidia settings ( i.e. turn optimisations off ). Never have issues in other games either.
Question:- Is it only in the full version or demo also ?
I have to admit i have run the demo at 'Quality' + 'Performance' settings and have not seen those thing happen.

With High Quality Settings the spikes are much less, but they're still exist :(

I'll try to increase AGP Volt level, as I know my motherboard allow it.

BAHO
06-22-05, 01:17 PM
Increasing AGP Volt doesn't help :( BTW, Delbert, you aked about version of BF2 - it's a full version, not a demo. All video settings are medium, except AA, which is swithed off ,1024x768@100Hz.

I don't understand why in 3DMark'05 everything is perfect... Strange... :banghead:

aZn_plyR
06-22-05, 02:04 PM
try turning off fastwrites? or is it already off?

BAHO
06-22-05, 04:21 PM
try turning off fastwrites? or is it already off?

How to switch it off ? Can I switch it from RivaTuner or I must do it from BIOS of my motherboard ? I'm not shure that my motherboard allows such setting.

aZn_plyR
06-22-05, 07:05 PM
I think rivatuner has it....or if not, install coolbits and check the nvidia control panel and tehre should be an agp setting tab now...

BAHO
06-23-05, 08:00 AM
I think rivatuner has it....or if not, install coolbits and check the nvidia control panel and tehre should be an agp setting tab now...

I've tried AGP 4x, 8x, FW on, FW off - situation is the same :(