PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about the Geforce 6800

uNdErNiNe
06-21-05, 10:46 PM
I have four Intel motherboards and a EVGA Geforce 6800 (vanilla). One of the motherboards is based upon the PT880 VIA and the other's (three of them are Intel 865pe based). When I test the card on my PT880 the performance is great and all of the benchmarks are much higher (For example, AQUAMARK 3 is about 51,000 on the VIA and about 31,000 on the Intel 865pe).

Now my question is regarding to whether or not there is some problem with the 6800 series and the Intel 865pe chipsets. Because in my testing (four different 865pe boards) there seems to be an issue between the two components.

Has anyone else experienced this on any of their Intel based motherboards, because I'm looking for some advice on this.

Pandora's Box
06-21-05, 10:52 PM
do you have your chipset drivers installed for the intel systems? specifically the GART driver?

uNdErNiNe
06-21-05, 10:57 PM
do you have your chipset drivers installed for the intel systems? specifically the GART driver?

Yeah, the AGP bus is running at 8x according to the driver.

I would assume that the GART installation occurs with the Intel chipset driver installation is done. Is there another GART driver that Intel offers?

j0j081
06-21-05, 11:04 PM
Is it a poor chipset? Certain chipsets are known to have lower performance than others but not usually by that much.

uNdErNiNe
06-22-05, 12:22 AM
Well normally I'd say that it was a bad design on the motherboard. But I have three different Intel 865PE boards (Giga-byte, MSI, SOYO) and the same performance issues plague each of them. My Athlon XP 3000+ setup with an Nvidia Nforce 2 is solid as well as the VIA motherboard.

It seems to be a major problem with this chipset and card.