PDA

View Full Version : nHancer: Looking for someone with time and PHP/MySQL knowledge

Grestorn
06-22-05, 02:59 AM
Many people are providing profiles for nVidia cards. Especially if a new game or demo is released, there are always resouceful people who create an SLI profile for them.

That's the reason I created nHancer and the database on www.nhancer.com, to provide a plattform where you can share these profiles and look for a profile if you have a game that needs some tweaking.

Unfortunately, right now I have to add each profile that is posted on the forum manually to the "database" which is actually currently just a download directory, and manually update the directory page which lists all profiles and the shortcut bar with the latest profiles.

This is a very cumbersome job, which is one of the reasons that it usually takes weeks for me to add your brandnew shiny profiles... And that's bad since many people would like to use their latest games with SLI now and not weeks later.

The provider who's hosting my site is using a Linux system with Apache, PHP and MySQL. I was always planning to automate the whole profile management process, but I don't have the time and frankly, I'm more a C++ / C# programmer and my experience in PHP is very limited.

So if you do have some experience in that area, want to make a name for yourself and/or help the community, I'd really be delighted if you'd contact me.

That would allow me to concentrate on the next version of nHancer for which I have a load full of ideas... :)

radekhulan
06-22-05, 05:43 AM
Hi Grestorn,

I am a main developer of BLOG:CMS - http://blogcms.com/ - a PHP/MySQL weblog system, if you need my help on this, I will do whatever I can. I love nHancer, SLI would be hard to use without it :-)

Please send me an email to radek[at]hulan[dot]cz with details.

|MaguS|
06-22-05, 05:46 AM
Any word on the x64 version of the app? I moved to Win x64 and was disappointed that it could not run under this OS. =\

Grestorn
06-22-05, 06:32 AM
I hope I'll be able to make a XP64 compatible version this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed!

BTW, only Rockstar is to be blamed that there's still no 64bit version ... :)

@radekhulan: Thanks for your offer, I'll contact you shortly!

GooDieZ
06-23-05, 05:40 AM
What u need is very simple PHP+MySQL script that reads uploded files (or even just content of the file) and inserts them into DB with few additional fields in MySQL.

If you still need it i can help out a bit.