PDA

View Full Version : PSP 1.5 homebrew works... [you dont have to swap!]

Bad_Boy
06-22-05, 08:32 AM
http://putoamo.addr.com/index2.html
download it off that site, any of those mirrors

its pretty easy to do. ive been playing contra for about 20 mins.

heres some homebrew programs you can try out on this site..
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/

Mr. Hunt
06-22-05, 01:21 PM
OMG... no swapping needed? I AM THERE!

Mr. Hunt
06-22-05, 01:54 PM
Ok... just got done playing it... and thanks a lot... now I need to go back after lunch with soiled pants.

Bad_Boy
06-22-05, 02:43 PM
tell me about it, ive been on it all day :)
bringing back old memories of contra, super mario, spy hunter, mega man from the nes.
u.n. squadron on snes, and gunstar heroes on the genesis. :)

let me know if you need any help. i havent tried the background changer though, i dont think i want to do that just yet. and i couldnt get doom to work.

Mr. Hunt
06-22-05, 06:30 PM
Well I was having some trouble running some SNES roms... they would be fine and then slow down horribly... but then I found the emulator menu (I am guessing it is the menu for the emulator) that had a way to up the speed of the proc... I put it to 266 (or something like that) and it ran great. I don't think I will put it up to 333 just because that seems a little much (and I will wait until I hear other people have no issues with running it this way).

Off to play some Super Punchout and Super Mario RPG now :).

Bad_Boy
06-23-05, 12:30 AM
Off to play some Super Punchout and Super Mario RPG now :).
Amen! :cool:

i was also messing with that psp personalize background changer also. the black background looks very nice on the black psp :)

i did get doom working, but the controls were iffy, i hope coded arms controls are not like that.

LiquidX
06-23-05, 12:42 PM
Are you able to play all the SNES games and does it take up the whole screen? Also how are the controls?

edit-spelling errors/ :cool:

|MaguS|
06-23-05, 12:50 PM
Most SNES games I have tried ran slow with 4:3 ratio and sound going, even with the CPU at 333Mhz. It probably needs to be optimized more but atleast its progress.

I couldn't get the Gen Emulator to load.

demonized
06-24-05, 11:17 AM
Most SNES games I have tried ran slow with 4:3 ratio and sound going, even with the CPU at 333Mhz. It probably needs to be optimized more but atleast its progress.

I couldn't get the Gen Emulator to load.

yea, I tried contra and it slows down when there's an exposion. NBA jam works pretty nice though. Which genesis emulator are you using? This one works the best http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspgenesis.shtml . You have to manually copy the system.fnt file thats included in the zip file to your PSP.

Bad_Boy
06-24-05, 11:20 AM
Are you able to play all the SNES games and does it take up the whole screen? Also how are the controls?

controls feel just like the classic snes (4 button setup pretty much the same w/ top two buttons):)
the reponse on the buttons is great also.

and you can change the resolution to fullscreen if you like but things do get stretched.

Shamrock
06-25-05, 06:51 AM
This is great! I used KXploit, and downloaded my Sega Genesis roms, and now I can take them with me on the road!!!!!! I only had like 3 that wouldnt play, and Bimini run locked up my PSP so hard, I couldnt even turn it off...I had to take out the batt. I hope that didnt do any harm.