PDA

View Full Version : BF2 Retail Controls Question

Elvin Presler
06-22-05, 01:22 PM
Could someone who has the full retail game do me a favor and let me know if it works? Try to map your movement keys as follows:

Right Mouse = Forward
S = Left
D = Backward
F = Right

In the demo, Right Mouse and D would cancel each other out. IE: binding either one unbound the other. I'm trying to figure out if they really borked the controls that bad or if my keyboard (plain old Logitech keyboard) is weird, or if it was fixed yet or not. I'm not buying the game until I know it works.

Also does it still give all those bogus "Duplicate key found" errors when there is no duplicate key?

Thanks.

DenverBuc
06-22-05, 02:55 PM
Could someone who has the full retail game do me a favor and let me know if it works? Try to map your movement keys as follows:

Right Mouse = Forward
S = Left
D = Backward
F = Right

In the demo, Right Mouse and D would cancel each other out. IE: binding either one unbound the other. I'm trying to figure out if they really borked the controls that bad or if my keyboard (plain old Logitech keyboard) is weird, or if it was fixed yet or not. I'm not buying the game until I know it works.

Also does it still give all those bogus "Duplicate key found" errors when there is no duplicate key?

Thanks.

I wouldn't hold off on buying the game until you find this out. Even with the oddities in the demo, I was relatively easily able to find the .con file that stores all the keyboard and mouse controls for the game. After that, it was a very simple matter to edit the file to what I wanted. Was good to go after that.

The retail version should have those mapping problems fixed, I agree, but configuring by hand is easy to do as well.

Elvin Presler
06-25-05, 06:17 PM
I am still holding off buying it...knowing how quick EA is to get things fixed in the past...NOT.

If I can't even set up the controls, how bad/bugged is the rest of the game? Forget that. From what I've read so far the full game is exactly like the demo as far as the bugs go. IE: can't set up controls, have to jump through hoops about refresh rates. Come on, this crap should have been squashed in the first patch for the FIRST Battlefield game, and here we are 3, 4 years later with the same crap.

nVestor
06-25-05, 06:33 PM
I am still holding off buying it...knowing how quick EA is to get things fixed in the past...NOT.

If I can't even set up the controls, how bad/bugged is the rest of the game? Forget that. From what I've read so far the full game is exactly like the demo as far as the bugs go. IE: can't set up controls, have to jump through hoops about refresh rates. Come on, this crap should have been squashed in the first patch for the FIRST Battlefield game, and here we are 3, 4 years later with the same crap.
Ummm... I've had no probs setting up my controls on the retail version. I have my setup for the helos and I have my joystick/keys setup for the jets. :cool:

Elvin Presler
06-25-05, 07:46 PM
OK, can you do what I asked in mt first post? When you bind Forward to RightMouse and Backward to D....does it work?

nVestor
06-25-05, 09:16 PM
OK, can you do what I asked in mt first post? When you bind Forward to RightMouse and Backward to D....does it work?
Yes, I had to set Mouse Button 1 (Which is right mouse button) to the keypad 0. Once it was free'd up, I set it to forward. After that I set backwards (S by default) to "." on the numpad. Then I set it to "D," on the Secondary Setting.

All is good :cool: