PDA

View Full Version : * Just ordered BFG 7800 GTX need mobo help *

Odral
06-22-05, 03:46 PM
Hi all I just ordered a BFG 7800 GTX card :), would like to know what's the best pci express mobo you guys would recommend for me? Iam coming from agp. Thanks!

OWA
06-22-05, 03:48 PM
This one is fairly new but looks to be really good. A couple of us recently ordered one (I'm in the same boat you are since my current system is AGP based).

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52179

Clay
06-22-05, 03:51 PM
Hi all I just ordered a BFG 7800 GTX card :), would like to know what's the best pci express mobo you guys would recommend for me? Iam coming from agp. Thanks!They're all pretty good right now, it's really hard to go terribly wrong. I'd pick one out based on your budget and what kind of features you're interested in and/or overclocking capability. The DFI boards are great overclockers but they're also the most expensive while Albatron and Gigabyte have some very good boards priced about $50 less. MSI and Asus make some highly rated motherboards as well.

GlowStick
06-22-05, 03:53 PM
Im in the same boat, but i jumped the gun and picked up a DFi LanParty UT nf4 SLi-D board. Someone pelase correct me if im wrong, but the only thing the D dosent have from the DR model is the frontX and a second sata controler. The reviews rave about it being a great overclocker so im looking forward to that. Also, it is quite full featured and comes with some good accessories. The only complaints the review sites have been giving is the 16x PCi-Express slots are quite close together.

My only compalint that i can see from inspecting (read playing) with the parts is they only include 2 sata cables. Since the board has 4 sata ports 4 matching cables would be nice (UV reactive bright yellow) infact my Asus A8V-Delxue came with 4 cables, since it also had 4 sata ports.

Other than that, you could check out the popular Asus A8N-SLi, and their new Premium edition, looks very promising!

Ninjaman09
06-22-05, 03:54 PM
ABit's AN8 (non-Fatal1ty) is a great one too and it's only like $120 bucks or so. It has the nForce4 chipset, not the nForce4 Ultra, so if you need a bunch of SATA2 ports I'd steer clear. Other than that this board is as good as any. :)

BrianG
06-22-05, 03:56 PM
Personally, I would spend the extra jack and get an SLI. I ditto the Premium. I love the Deluxe and we all know that Premium is better than Deluxe. ;)

Scott@Bjorn3D
06-22-05, 04:20 PM
I would probably spend the extra and get an SLI based board just in case someday you want to do it. They have all the same features as the ultras.

Clay
06-22-05, 04:26 PM
Im in the same boat, but i jumped the gun and picked up a DFi LanParty UT nf4 SLi-D board. Someone pelase correct me if im wrong, but the only thing the D dosent have from the DR model is the frontX and a second sata controler. Correct, the DR also comes with a LAN carrying bag for your case as well.

Odral
06-22-05, 04:28 PM
What about a board that will be able to run teh new cpu like x2 4400 or fx 57 any of these work with these cpu's?

BrianG
06-22-05, 04:34 PM
Check my sig. ;)

jolle
06-22-05, 04:35 PM
What about a board that will be able to run teh new cpu like x2 4400 or fx 57 any of these work with these cpu's?
I think any S939 Nforce4 board will run X2 CPUs, most require a BIOS update tho, and FX57 (if they are S939)..
might be some exceptions perhaps..

Dazz
06-22-05, 05:43 PM
I am selling my DFi SLi-D board and have ordered an ASUS A8N SLi Premuim board, love the heat pipe. A very intresting design.