PDA

View Full Version : BF2 retail still crashing :(

Arto*
06-22-05, 03:22 PM
just bought the retail of bf2 and downloaded the latest drivers (77.72) and the game is crashing :(. dont know wat to do now. any opinions?

Ghosthunter
06-22-05, 03:32 PM
sorry wish i can help

i am waiting this time a while before picking up bf2 if ever to see how stable it is...i got burnt on BFV and wont do that again just in case.

S.I.N
06-22-05, 04:47 PM
try different drivers?

Arto*
06-22-05, 05:35 PM
yeap

the only thing that can fix it is a patch. i hear everyone is getting problems with the game. also there are soo many bugs in that game that my friend and i noticed.

CaptNKILL
06-22-05, 06:05 PM
Try lowering your overclocks back to defaults. Turn off Fastwrites in the BIOS. Increase your RAM latencies. This game (along with all the BF series) seems to be pretty sensitive to stressed out components, especially RAM.

$n][pErMan
06-22-05, 07:45 PM
It stutters occasionally on me... but im sure when my extra gig of ram comes all will be good again :D Although it did lockup on me once... just growing pains of the game I guess. I also got really pissed when PB kicked me to "update" itself :(

OWA
06-22-05, 08:14 PM
Is it at least starting or does it just leave you at the desktop? I had to stop forcing the refresh rate to get it to run. The tip I used for the demo doesn't appear to work in the retail game.

Maverickman
06-22-05, 08:39 PM
This is definitely a buggy game. It has the same problem as the earlier Battlefield games. if you try to force refresh rates, the game crashes. I was able to solve the problem with the earlier games, but not with this one.

Fuku2
06-22-05, 09:04 PM
Are you guys using the drivers that come with the game (I forget the version)? Also, you cannot use refreshforce at first. You need to apply original settings for refreshforce and run the game. Select the resolution and refresh rate in the game menu and then you can use refreshforce again. If this doesn't work then apply original setting in refreshforce then edit the VideoDefault.con file to:

renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1

After that you should be able to use refreshforce again. I had the same problem with BF1942 and BF2 and this worked.

Arto*
06-22-05, 09:13 PM
the only thing that can fix the crashes and stutters is a patch which is soon going to be released. the games all bugy so no tweakings will help. (maybe help fps )

Fuku2
06-22-05, 09:17 PM
Actually, my graphics card shut off while flying a chopper around by myself on a lan server. I set it to 1600x1200 with 2xAA and high settings. Scared me. I shut off the computer for 10 seconds and turned it on and it still seems to work now. Guess I overloaded the card or something. At least it isn't fried. I don't think I have it overclocked...can't remember.

watever
06-22-05, 09:28 PM
it seems everytime i try to join a server and load the map, it crashes to desktop. Never did that with the demo. It would be nice to at least play the game.

SH64
06-22-05, 11:40 PM
Hmm i get crash to desktop after playing for some time on a specific map ... the Oilfields for one.