PDA

View Full Version : So who'd like to see a G70 Anti Aliasing Investigation?

Pages : [1] 2

ChrisRay
06-22-05, 06:24 PM
That's Right, I have not one, But two 7800GTX headed my way. They should be here sometime this week. And I'm prepping up to do another investigation for AA/performance similar to my prior forum investigations. I want to do 2 seperate investigations.

For my AA investigation I want to cover the new transparent AA, and of course go over the already available modes and performance numbers.

In regards to my performance investigation. I want this one to be the largest I have done. Titles ready to go.

Neverwinter Nights
Far Cry
Doom 3
Halo
Half Life 2
Lego Star Wars
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
World of Warcraft
Max Payne 2
Call of Duty

Once again my focus's will be high res gaming, and of course 4xAA/8xAA. While the AA investigation will focus on Anti Aliasing performance crunches and quality.

OWA
06-22-05, 06:25 PM
Yeah, that would be cool. Thanks ChrisRay.

Absolution
06-22-05, 06:26 PM
how about legacy games based on the q3 engine such as uhh q3, jediknight outcast (or academy) or probably any moaa game

or is COD based on q3, ive forgotten

ChrisRay
06-22-05, 06:27 PM
how about legacy games based on the q3 engine such as uhh q3, jediknight outcast (or academy) or probably any moaa game

or is COD based on q3, ive forgotten

CoD is Quake 3 based. Also if theres anything else anyone would like to see. Chime in.

jAkUp
06-22-05, 06:44 PM
F.E.A.R. demo!

Zelda_fan
06-22-05, 06:47 PM
OMG I WOULD ME ME MEMEM!!SHIFT+1 OMGosh!

GlowStick
06-22-05, 07:22 PM
Wow, quite a list of games!!
Cant wait, however any chance you can get it as an article not a post??

sandeep
06-22-05, 07:46 PM
That's Right, I have not one, But two 7800GTX headed my way. They should be here sometime this week. And I'm prepping up to do another investigation for AA/performance similar to my prior forum investigations. I want to do 2 seperate investigations.

For my AA investigation I want to cover the new transparent AA, and of course go over the already available modes and performance numbers.

In regards to my performance investigation. I want this one to be the largest I have done. Titles ready to go.

Neverwinter Nights
Far Cry
Doom 3
Halo
Half Life 2
Lego Star Wars
World of Warcraft
Max Payne 2
Call of Duty

Once again my focus's will be high res gaming, and of course 4xAA/8xAA. While the AA investigation will focus on Anti Aliasing performance crunches.

COULD you please do one for LOMAC(Lock On Modern Aircraft Combat.) Run the bugger on 1600*1200 with HIGHEST IN-GAME settings available.

Its definitely by far the best flight simulator I have EVER played.

Latest patch is 1.2

My 6800GT struggles to run it at 1600*1200.

Pandora's Box
06-22-05, 09:15 PM
Would it be possible to include UT2004?

ChrisRay
06-22-05, 09:18 PM
Yes I can include UT2004. But dont expect much. The game is entirely CPU limited. As far as Lock On.. is there a demo?

Edge
06-22-05, 09:21 PM
An AA analyses of the G70 series would be pretty cool. I'd especially like to see how it compares to the 6x00 series AA, and what kind of improvements it offers. To be honest, even 4xAA on a 6x00 is more than adaquate for most games, but hey, better never hurts! I'm trying to think of what other games would benefit from antialiasing that would be good to test it with...there's quite a few older games that have a lot of contrast in color.

Edit: Oh, Battlefield 2 might be a good one, since the horizons show a lot of aliasing. Plus, this would be a good test to see if the G70 could perform AA on areas the 6x00 don't, like the shadows on the ground which are left totally unfiltered on modern cards (just look at the chopper's blade shadows, they look like stairs no matter what setting you use).

ViN86
06-22-05, 09:26 PM
wow, that would be awesome.

btw, let me know if you want to sell one/both of those 6800gt's hehe.

Clay
06-22-05, 09:34 PM
Yes I can include UT2004. But dont expect much. The game is entirely CPU limited. As far as Lock On.. is there a demo?Here is a link for LO demo: http://www.3dgamers.com/games/lockonmac/downloads/ I doubt that is patched (or patchable) though.

sandeep
06-22-05, 10:06 PM
Yes I can include UT2004. But dont expect much. The game is entirely CPU limited. As far as Lock On.. is there a demo?

http://www.lo-mac.com/

Thats the official site DEMO is there. Thanks for the favour Chris Ray. Will appreciate it.

Have a Leadtek 6800GT 391/1100 and it runs at 10fps@1600*1200 with HIGHEST IN-GAME Setting. I love the game so much. Its by far the best looking flight sim. out. There is a huge fan site and LOMAC is by Ubisoft. Basically people bought new 6800ULTRAS in SLI to enjoy this game.

This game is played a lot within the community and has a fix with Latest Forceware driver 77.72. Has a very high learning curve.

Thanks CLAY for the assistance.

ChrisRay
06-22-05, 10:08 PM
Ok. Just keep in mind. The performance comparison will come last. As the Anti Aliasing comparison is IMO the feature that needs to be seen right now. I will do a performance analysis after completion of the Anti Aliasing one. :)

sandeep
06-22-05, 10:12 PM
Please use 'F3' key when you benchmark. That gives an aerial view. This option is used often for air to ground combat as well as Visual Landing.
:) Thanks

ChrisRay
06-22-05, 10:57 PM
Ok. I will try to get these things done. Keep in mind the more I do. The longer it'll take. The AA investigation will come first as I feel its the most unique aspect of the G70 series as of now.

Sazar
06-22-05, 11:09 PM

Neverwinter Nights
Far Cry
Doom 3
Halo
Half Life 2
Lego Star Wars
World of Warcraft
Max Payne 2
Call of Duty

Once again my focus's will be high res gaming, and of course 4xAA/8xAA. While the AA investigation will focus on Anti Aliasing performance crunches.

If you have Deus Ex 2, please investigate it as well as Riddick. I wanna see how performance is impacted by the SM 3.0 used as well as Bloom for DE:2. Perhaps even Thief 3 if at all possible.

Pandora's Box
06-22-05, 11:29 PM
maybe you could add painkiller?

Absolution
06-23-05, 12:24 AM
what about riddick? and how about the KOTOR series, either one, they offer a lot of fauna that would be interesting to see with transparency AA

anzak
06-23-05, 02:45 AM
Just Far Cry HDR. Not enough review sites posted HDR numbers.

ChrisRay
06-23-05, 03:11 AM
Just Far Cry HDR. Not enough review sites posted HDR numbers.

As long as Far Cry uses SFR HDR will not work very well with it. I want to give it a look however.

Neverwinter Nights
Far Cry
Doom 3
Halo
Half Life 2
Lego Star Wars
World of Warcraft
Max Payne 2
Call of Duty

Once again my focus's will be high res gaming, and of course 4xAA/8xAA. While the AA investigation will focus on Anti Aliasing performance crunches and quality.

Two things:

1. Can you explain to me how you are going to investigate AA in any form on PC Halo? :confused:

2. I also assume you're running 4xAA/8xAF, not 8xAA, right? lol

ChrisRay
06-23-05, 03:13 AM
Two things:

1. Can you explain to me how you are going to investigate AA in any form on PC Halo? :confused:

2. I also assume you're running 4xAA/8xAF, not 8xAA, right? lol

Seperate my post Karma. The software I listed was for my second performance analysis. The AA investigation is second and foremost.

Ah!

Your post goes like this:

*Subject AA*

*Subject Performance*

*Subject AA*

sorry for my confusion that you meant the games to be used in the AA and not the Performance!