PDA

View Full Version : 7800 GTX Coolers...

Pages : [1] 2

ninja44
06-22-05, 10:32 PM
Are all the 7800's using the reference heatsinks? From all the pics that I have seen it seems like the reference aluminum heatsink is now the norm :thumbdwn: Does anyone here have anything different?

-=DVS=-
06-22-05, 10:35 PM
If its not broken don't fix it :D

Pandora's Box
06-22-05, 10:41 PM
i agree with DVS. remember with the 6800 launch only one card manufacturer had a custom heatsink. a few months past and BFG tried their hand at it, a few months later evga offered a copper heatsink.

give it time. besides i think the vf700 cu from zalman should fit the g70. could be wrong though.

jAkUp
06-22-05, 10:54 PM
The highest I have seen my cards peak is 72...

leca
06-22-05, 11:14 PM

Thats quite good to be honest :)

tyx
06-23-05, 01:15 AM
OC or not?

Kamel
06-23-05, 01:25 AM
it IS broken, i HATE those heatsinks, they don't cool for crap.

has a great side-effect of getting substantial gains in performance/cooling with little effort, however... that part i do like

kev13dd
06-23-05, 01:35 AM
it IS broken, i HATE those heatsinks, they don't cool for crap.

has a great side-effect of getting substantial gains in performance/cooling with little effort, however... that part i do like

You don't get performance gains from cooling UNLESS YOU OVERCLOCK

It's like this- they give us cheaper cards by not throwing on expensive heatsinks. Cards that last long with those heatsinks. They give us coolers that cool the card the perfect amount for the heat they put off. And if that card does crash due to some freak anaomoly with the heatsink, surprise! Warrenty replaces it

You want to overclock and go against what Nvidia wants you to do, then go spend your own money on buying a special cooler, so people like me can get less expensive cards that run great how they are SUPPOSED TO

K

BladeRunner
06-23-05, 04:36 AM
i agree with DVS. remember with the 6800 launch only one card manufacturer had a custom heatsink. a few months past and BFG tried their hand at it, a few months later evga offered a copper heatsink.

give it time. besides i think the vf700 cu from zalman should fit the g70. could be wrong though.

IIRC that was Leadtek and weren't they wrist slapped by nvidia and told to fit the stock item until a nvida preset time when all partners could launch their own coolers if they so desire?

Personally I like to see different cooling ideas / designs and something that seems to have fallen away recently is different PCB colours

dilidolo
06-23-05, 06:19 AM
Mime stays at 59c after full load and 51c at idle.

BTW, what's wrong with leadtek. I got mine working perfectly.

j0j081
06-23-05, 06:49 AM

It's like this- they give us cheaper cards by not throwing on expensive heatsinks. Cards that last long with those heatsinks. They give us coolers that cool the card the perfect amount for the heat they put off. And if that card does crash due to some freak anaomoly with the heatsink, surprise! Warrenty replaces it

You want to overclock and go against what Nvidia wants you to do, then go spend your own money on buying a special cooler, so people like me can get less expensive cards that run great how they are SUPPOSED TO

K
A little edgy?

PeterJensen
06-23-05, 06:50 AM
dilidolo : what is in the leadtek package ? Games ?

Pandora's Box
06-23-05, 07:03 AM

BTW, what's wrong with leadtek. I got mine working perfectly.

WOW! that cool eh? my 6800 GT has exactly the same temperatures. and i have an aftermarket heatsink on mine.

gram_vaz
06-23-05, 07:03 AM

BTW, what's wrong with leadtek. I got mine working perfectly.but wow, you have very good case cooling.

Fotis
06-23-05, 07:11 AM
dilidolo : what is in the leadtek package ? Games ?
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, PowerDvd 6.

leca
06-23-05, 07:59 AM

Damn, thats a nice bundle :D :thumbsup:

PeterJensen
06-23-05, 08:24 AM
Uhhh nice games, 2 hours and i will have my Leadtek 7800GTX. MINE ALL MINE :)

TeaEtchSee
06-23-05, 08:56 AM
thats great temps...plus u have 2 cards :)

temps should be low, Nvidia claims it uses less energy then 6800Ultra

Dazz
06-23-05, 10:12 AM
Yeah but there is 50% more pipelines and increased core clock.
All on a single slot cooler impressive to say the least.

Zelda_fan
06-23-05, 10:15 AM

K

different cases and mobo layouts will dissipate air differently. There is no way to make a "perfect" heatsink that will dissipate the air "just right" at stock settings. I would rather them put on a good cooler and error on the side of cooling, than see my $600 dollar card get fried because of some cheap ass cooling setup.

Zelda_fan
06-23-05, 10:16 AM

does powerdvd 6 support purevideo?

Dazz
06-23-05, 10:18 AM
I agree thats why i am getting the coolermaster stacker 830, 4x 120mm fans on the side upto 3x 120mm fans on the front, 120mm fan at the top and back giving 9x 120mm fans oh man no cooling problems me think. just have to wait for them to bring it out.

_Phil_
06-23-05, 11:21 AM
I heard the XFX has a custom HSF, but haven't seen any pics yet. Anyone order an XFX card?

I won't be getting one until/if they ever get down to 150 ($280) so I guess I'll never get my hands on one :p

seetohey
06-23-05, 11:23 AM
i'll have my xfx card tmrw

Dazz
06-23-05, 11:52 AM
To be honest i thought that the coolers would of had heat pipes everything else is lol, CPU coolers, boards and now some video cards. Well ASUS cards are anyway.