PDA

View Full Version : BF2 CD Error

Tyr-Sog
06-23-05, 09:47 AM
I did scan over many of the BF2 threads but couldn't find anyone with the issue im having.

I install the game, reboot the pc, go to start the game and I get "Please ensure Battlefield 2 Install Disc is in the drive" error.

It is, I've tried taking it out and putting it in and I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice. Same issue. There's no noticable blemishes on the cd also.

Any ideas?

Mudcrutch
06-23-05, 10:18 AM
that wording may make it sound like you need to put in disc 2 -- dont, use disk one.

other than that maybe you should even exchange it for a new copy.

Tyr-Sog
06-23-05, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I should have mentioned that I do have the DVD version so only one disc comes in the box.

I to think exchanging the copy may be the best first step in problem solving this.

rewt
06-23-05, 10:22 AM
Do you have any CD drive emulators running (i.e. Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools)?

Tyr-Sog
06-23-05, 10:24 AM
no nothing of ths sort as far as I know of and im the only one who uses the pc.

killahsin
06-23-05, 10:38 AM
ut oh sounds like u need to update your firmware for your dvd player. Or get a new one =/ I have 2 dvd players one that does recognize sims2/gta sa and one that doesnt see them in the drive. It's really really funky.

Tyr-Sog
06-23-05, 11:54 AM
Yeah, i dunno. I updated the firm wear, still isn't working. Oh well, i just bought the player, im not forking out the cash for a new one. I'll ty a new copy i guess and if this dont work just get a refund.

stncttr908
06-23-05, 12:01 PM
Try a mini-image and a virtual CD drive like Daemon Tools. If you legitimately own the game and have a unique key I don't see any harm in it to get around the protection.

Tyr-Sog
06-23-05, 12:09 PM
Will that screw with punkbruster?

BioHazZarD
06-23-05, 12:52 PM
should not since you got a legit cd key.

Tyr-Sog
06-23-05, 01:03 PM
Well I never used this program.

What I did was created a mirror on my HDD which ended up being a 2gig file. I right click Daemon and create a mount. When I did that the BF2 start screen started up and I still got the same error.

When you mount it should it anything happen as far as copying or anything or does it just start the game?

Tyr-Sog
06-23-05, 07:35 PM
well aside from reformatting and buying a new rom I seem to not be able to get this game to work.

S.I.N
06-23-05, 11:58 PM
Try it on another pc and if you get the same results take it back to the store.

-=DVS=-
06-24-05, 12:06 AM
hmm in cases like these NO-CD crack should help :p

kev13dd
06-24-05, 01:45 AM
Maybe Warez can actually work for you

Download the version online; normally they are just clones of an exact copy, so it won't be any different than what you have now, except it will actually work. Then when prompted for the CD key, enter yours. Then you can play online legit too

For once "backup copies" might actually serve a legal purpose

K

P.s. I'm not promoting warez. I'm promoting legalish warez

Roliath
06-24-05, 02:13 AM
so I can use a no-cd crack and still be able to play online?

Aurthus
06-24-05, 03:24 PM
yes. my bf2 also acts strange. when i start it i have to let it sit at the splash screen for about 15 seconds, then i eject the cd and the game starts up, then i just put the cd back in the drive.

CoD has the same problem with my drives but the only way i got that to run at all was with a no-cd crack. I really think the cd protection is pointless now, everyone that pirates/warez's games never have problems... only us who purchase it.

TheD13
03-20-06, 11:21 AM
Hey guys, I'm a first time alcohol 120% user and I need a bit of help. I'm trying to play BF2 without having to have the disc in, if you could give me step by step instructions it would be greatly appreciated.