PDA

View Full Version : Video playback problems with 77.72

Pages : [1] 2

DimmuX
06-23-05, 02:33 PM
I installed these on my Gefore 6800 Ultra, and when i play videos like mpegs or avi's or even streaming moves from my hard drive or on the internet the video quality looks like it has a white fuzzy filter over it. You know how in some Divx moves you can see the blocky areas over the black areas like low motion filters, this is what it looks like. looks like a low motion video filter but this makes it a hazy white. My games run the same, look the same. This started to happen when i uninstalled my 77.30 drivers and installed the newest ones 77.72 Any idea's? I have the latest Divx, Xvid and Windows media player codec's installed and the effect is not effected in WM Player 10, it also happens when Divx play, Windvd, and winamp play the movies. Any idea's? Thanks guys!

disaacks
06-23-05, 02:48 PM
I am having the same issue. I think someone mentioned changing the Color Correction to advanced mode, but this did not work for me.

DimmuX
06-23-05, 03:27 PM
i am stuck at work for another hour or so, and i posted on another forum with someone with the same problem, here are their responces:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"go to color correction. the first tab, change to ALL, then hit RESTORE DEFAULTS.

then hit ok. problem solved. it will move gamma back to 1.00"

and this on:

It's a bug with the overlay settings. Go to Display Properties->Advanced and open the Geforce tab. Go to color correction, select Apply to Overlay and All Channels. Then change color profile from standard to advanced, you should now get a straight line in the graph. Hit apply and you are done.

Galvin
06-23-05, 03:47 PM
What amazes me is that nvidia didn't catch such an obvious bug.

First thing I do when I get a new driver is play a dvd with it. And you'd have to be blind not to see this bug. Nvidia has some really bad testers in their company.

ThePhenome
06-23-05, 06:12 PM
That's odd.
for temp. solution do this steps.

Color Correction.

Then -> Apply color changes to [Overlay]

Then set -> Color profile: [Advanced mod]

Then hit Apply.

hope this will work until nvidia fix this issue.

ThePhenome
06-23-05, 06:19 PM
duhh.
that's Frustrating.
every time i fire up PowerDVD i have to go to Nvidia Color Correction tap to fix it.
as they siad before....

nothing is perfect!. even Nvidia.!

Flying PJ
06-23-05, 07:20 PM
This should be a sticky. This fixed my problem.

Vagrant Zero
06-23-05, 08:35 PM
I installed these on my Gefore 6800 Ultra, and when i play videos like mpegs or avi's or even streaming moves from my hard drive or on the internet the video quality looks like it has a white fuzzy filter over it. You know how in some Divx moves you can see the blocky areas over the black areas like low motion filters, this is what it looks like. looks like a low motion video filter but this makes it a hazy white. My games run the same, look the same. This started to happen when i uninstalled my 77.30 drivers and installed the newest ones 77.72 Any idea's? I have the latest Divx, Xvid and Windows media player codec's installed and the effect is not effected in WM Player 10, it also happens when Divx play, Windvd, and winamp play the movies. Any idea's? Thanks guys!

If the above suggestions don't work try playing video with CLASSIC Media Player, also known as Quicktime/Realplayer Alternative. It doesn't seem to be affected.

thepiecesfit
06-23-05, 08:36 PM
its too dark with the standard advanced mode.... i had it set nicely at 113 , 95 and 1.00 gamma i cant even do that now.. THESE DRIVERS SUCK

Briand805
06-23-05, 10:11 PM
Had the same problem here as well with my BFG6800 ultra oc.. thanks for the fix.

thepiecesfit
06-23-05, 11:49 PM
I rolled back to 77.50's the overlays are fine. DVD playback is important to me and broken overlay adjustments arent gonna cut it . The fix defaults arent satisfactory to me. Try again nvidia. I"ll wait for an updated driver

jcossin
06-24-05, 05:21 AM
This worked for me.

I had to go into the Color Correction tab, Choose ALL up top and then choose Advanced Mode at the bottom before I could hit Restore Defaults. Once I did that, it worked great.

Everytime I fire up PowerDVD, it's working fine now. I don't have to set it each time.

TheManko
06-24-05, 06:01 AM
This worked for me too, before I simply used the "ALL" option instead, but that raised the contrast 10% higher than normal for overlay.

mad_man
06-24-05, 06:22 AM
This needs a fix from NVidia. Not releasing a new driver for this issue is careless and arrogant. I hope we'll see one within a few hours.

andyrock
06-24-05, 06:45 AM
Same problem here!

I uninstalled the driver and with 66.xx or 71.xx everything is OK

ThePhenome
06-24-05, 09:18 AM
thanks jcossin for your note.
it's work good.

Zeph
06-24-05, 07:33 PM
That's odd.

Color Correction.

Then hit Apply.

can't thank u enough. i was not able to play CS:S due to the bright color it also fixed the video resolution. thnx again

black_bear
06-24-05, 10:51 PM
same prob here with my bfg 6800 ultra oc, damn nvidia don't just abandon the 6 series cards as soon as u release the 7 series

OWA
06-25-05, 12:06 AM
same prob here with my bfg 6800 ultra oc, damn nvidia don't just abandon the 6 series cards as soon as u release the 7 series

Come on now, use a little common sense. Their unified drivers work for every line of cards they've produced (except maybe the very old TNT, which IIRC was recently dropped). How do you reach such an absurb conclusion (that is, a driver bug = dropping support for their recent series of cards)?

rewt
06-25-05, 12:10 AM
This bug didn't even occur on my FX card.

panzaman
06-25-05, 01:55 AM
Media player freezes when playing videos and ChrisTV won't start at all when useing the latest drivers, definately something broken with the overlay, does anybody knows which files, in the drivers, contains the 2D/Overlay functions?? I am trying to build a mixed driver set with the newest files for 3D and the older 71.xx for 2D/overlay.

mr.pink
06-25-05, 02:02 AM
That's odd.

Color Correction.

Then hit Apply.

thanks. now it works for me

black_bear
06-25-05, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by black_bear

Come on now, use a little common sense. Their unified drivers work for every line of cards they've produced (except maybe the very old TNT, which IIRC was recently dropped). How do you reach such an absurb conclusion (that is, a driver bug = dropping support for their recent series of cards)?

What i meant was they were probably preoccupied and were putting all the work into getting this driver out in time for 7800gtx lauch, they didn't put enough testing into their older cards and overlooked or disregarded such a simple problem. shame on nvidia.

ldspears
06-25-05, 09:53 AM
:mad: :thumbdwn: :rolleyes: :(
I have an Nvidia Geforce 6800GT and I updated to ForceWare 77.72 drivers and tried to play a short movie using Windows Media Player and the movie was so messed up I couldn't see it. I went on line to see if anyone else had this problem and sure enough Nvidia screwed up again. I find it hard to believe they could let such a major bug get passed the testing. I'm a programming and this blows my mind. I went back to my older drivers. Now the problem is getting Nvidia the word they have a problem and next getting them to admit it and then fix it.

agent
06-25-05, 02:19 PM
Hi ;)

Thx for the fix its working great now ;)