PDA

View Full Version : Total game size of Battlefield 2?

sonaboy
06-23-05, 05:45 PM
Is it about 2 Gigs?

I'm trying to decide which drive to install it on.

swatX
06-23-05, 05:46 PM
takes about 1.81g for me

ralinn
06-23-05, 07:21 PM
Yup, 1.81 GB for me too :)

Then there is an online folder that is 137 MB.

Roliath
06-23-05, 07:40 PM
http://img40.echo.cx/img40/4756/battlefied2size6oo.th.jpg (http://img40.echo.cx/my.php?image=battlefied2size6oo.jpg)

jolle
06-23-05, 08:20 PM
Be careful tho.. hehe..
a friend installed it in his game directory root by mistake (F:\Games).
And then he uninstalled it to put it in its right directory (F:\Games\Battlefield2) but the Uninstaller wiped out the entire Games dir, with all his games, savegames and 1800+ screenshots..
He was a tad upset about that..

CaptNKILL
06-23-05, 08:43 PM
Be careful tho.. hehe..
a friend installed it in his game directory root by mistake (F:\Games).
And then he uninstalled it to put it in its right directory (F:\Games\Battlefield2) but the Uninstaller wiped out the entire Games dir, with all his games, savegames and 1800+ screenshots..
He was a tad upset about that..
Wow :eek:

Talk about a sh**ty uninstaller program, usually they just leave behind any files that arent listed in the uninstall logs. :confused:

jolle
06-23-05, 08:57 PM
Wow :eek:

Talk about a sh**ty uninstaller program, usually they just leave behind any files that arent listed in the uninstall logs. :confused:
Yeah it seems a bit subpar compared to most other games, its not really a issue unless you fumble up like he did, but when you do its not that fun hehe..

Actually my general impression of the retail version of BF2 is that it feels a bit rushed (which would be no suprise with EA involved)..
the server browser is still very slow and sluggish (and no "Favorites" as far as Ive seen), the Ranked servers seemed pretty laggy, even the lowest ping one I found, and unlike the demo it crashed on me a few times..
It is still basicly a damn good game, but it just doesnt feel 100% ready.

I expect its going to be patched pretty soon tho, not only with fixes but with gameplay balancing stuff.. this type of large MP games are always tweaked to balance better...

NAZCA M12
06-23-05, 10:30 PM
Wow, that **** happened with "King's Quest: Mask of Eternity" a long time ago. It wiped out my whole "games" folder. They still do that stuff?