PDA

View Full Version : rumor? Fantasy VII Headed To PS3

Bad_Boy
06-24-05, 10:21 AM
http://spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=8842
Well today a fresh rumour is awaiting the Internet grindstone, with respected US magazine Electronic Gaming Monthly claiming that there is indeed a new FFVII in the works at Square Enix. And for PlayStation 3, no less.
anybody have that issue? :)

gmontem
06-24-05, 11:27 AM
If I were a magazine looking to get a few issues sold I would create a juicy rumor just like this.

LiquidX
06-24-05, 12:03 PM
If I were a magazine looking to get a few issues sold I would create a juicy rumor just like this.

Thing is, EGM I believe is the number one selling console gaming magazine and further there rumors are almost always true. I basicaly take them as fact to be honest. Regardless of a rumor though I think SquareEnix will remake it or give it a true sequal. It's just to much potential dollars for them to pass it up. I for one would love to see it remade on PS3 with no changes. :cool:

six_storm
06-24-05, 12:05 PM
One of the spokes persons at E3 from SquareEnix said that FFVII was just a tech demo and that they were not planning on remaking the game for the newer PS3 technology. But hey, that's just what I heard from the press conference.

Bad_Boy
06-24-05, 04:03 PM
I also heard that infinium said at ALL of their press conferences that they would release a console called the phantom. ;)

its just a new rumor bro. so i guess we will just wait for the issue or an announcement, otherwise its probably fake :/

six_storm
06-25-05, 09:34 AM
I also heard that infinium said at ALL of their press conferences that they would release a console called the phantom. ;)

its just a new rumor bro. so i guess we will just wait for the issue or an announcement, otherwise its probably fake :/

Yeah, the Phantom was actually on TV last week and looked pretty gay. A release date is supposed to surface soon . . . but who cares? :D

oldsk00l
06-25-05, 10:11 AM
Yeah, the Phantom was actually on TV last week and looked pretty gay. A release date is supposed to surface soon . . . but who cares? :D

hahahaha, another release date, lol

That's pretty funny.

What I still find absolutely hilarious is the GeForce 5700 thing. Man, that's gonna be interesting....

|MaguS|
06-25-05, 10:23 AM
The Original FFVII game will no make it to PS3 probably but a game in the series/story will. Square is working on many titles that are continuations of FFVII.

ralinn
06-25-05, 10:37 AM
FFVII was my perfect RPG. I don't want them to make a sequal because lets face it... sequals are never as good as the originals. I hope they do a remake on the PS3, the story/characters and the whole system was perfect and shouldn't be changed!

The only reason why I'm not playing FFVII right now is because it looks horrible now :( if that was to change then I would be the happiest guy in the world.

VeRi
06-25-05, 01:30 PM
FFVII was my perfect RPG. I don't want them to make a sequal because lets face it... sequals are never as good as the originals. I hope they do a remake on the PS3, the story/characters and the whole system was perfect and shouldn't be changed!

The only reason why I'm not playing FFVII right now is because it looks horrible now :( if that was to change then I would be the happiest guy in the world.

just wait till the FF7 Advent Children movie comes out this year

Toss3
06-25-05, 01:32 PM

I'm with you on this one.. FFVII was actually incredibly good! The graphics are just dated..

Vagrant Zero
06-25-05, 04:32 PM
If they remake FFVII I'd like to see a few changes. Make the story a bit more cohesive for starters, by the end most of us playing had a MGS style question mark over our heads.

npras42
06-25-05, 05:46 PM
If they remake FFVII I'd like to see a few changes. Make the story a bit more cohesive for starters, by the end most of us playing had a MGS style question mark over our heads.

Sacrilege! HEATHEN! :p

Jlippone
06-26-05, 03:30 AM

It actually is one of the games charms, you start to see new things and understand the game more with each time you go trough it. :)

ralinn
06-26-05, 05:11 AM
It actually is one of the games charms, you start to see new things and understand the game more with each time you go trough it. :)
Completely agree with that :D

Oh yes, Advent children. I've seen all the trailers now and WOW! When I first found out about advent children I thought they would screw it up but it really does look amazing :|