PDA

View Full Version : BF2 Question about mic

Mush
06-24-05, 07:47 PM
When I use my mic, the icon that represent the working mic often turn red and seems broken instead of being green. Is that the mic is setup too loud ?

Mush

Mudcrutch
06-24-05, 10:26 PM
i have this same issue... i havent figured out the mic/voip thing yet... most servers have it disable which sucks. if you check out the README file it says servers can have a seperate VOIP server.. which sounds cool..

can anyone explain how a headset would work? where do you plug it in, etc?

nVestor
06-25-05, 12:53 AM
Our is on I believe. :) You gotta hit "B" to talk to members in your squad. Not sure if that is the only way, I think there's a way to talk directly to commander.

There are problems with the mic boost however. We use TeamSpeak 2 as well along with VOIP, mainly to keep the trash talking out of the VOIP channel. :D I noticed on my Asus P4C800-E I have to disabled mic boost in the game because it causes a conflict and I connot communicate on VOIP or TeamSpeak.

With it unchecked, everythings cheddar. :cool:

Daktari
06-25-05, 04:39 PM
Our is on I believe. :) You gotta hit "B" to talk to members in your squad. Not sure if that is the only way, I think there's a way to talk directly to commander.

There are problems with the mic boost however. We use TeamSpeak 2 as well along with VOIP, mainly to keep the trash talking out of the VOIP channel. :D I noticed on my Asus P4C800-E I have to disabled mic boost in the game because it causes a conflict and I connot communicate on VOIP or TeamSpeak.

With it unchecked, everythings cheddar. :cool:

I've got the same board as you and it took me a few hours to figure out finally that it was the MIC Boost that was causing the conflict! Now everything is peachy... :)

nvmystyle
06-26-05, 09:54 AM
i have found enabling mic boost and reducing transmit to 52% or so makes everything much better. in game everyone doing so is crystal clear