PDA

View Full Version : Question on 'DabsXtreme' BFG 7800 GTX

DoomUK
06-25-05, 11:26 AM
Really, really, REALLY silly question ahoy, but:-

As I live in the UK, brand new gfx cards have always been a little hard to find at first from UK retailers, but Dabs.co.uk have a BFG 7800 GTX 'in stock soon'. Anyhoo, what do they mean by 'DabsXtreme'? What I mean is, is one guaranteed a genuine BFG card (you damn well should be considering the price tag), or could one end up some unknown make that has nothing to do with BFG? It's a bit misleading considering Dabs do have a budget line of lesser-known manufacturers of components called 'Dabs Value' or something. I'm a little concerned that if I decide to buy that card, will I be getting the genuine article?

Thanks for being patient.

pingu2
06-25-05, 01:30 PM
why not phone up dabs and ask them? :p

or buy from overclockers.co.uk :o

DoomUK
06-25-05, 01:44 PM
why not phone up dabs and ask them? :p

I don't think Dabs have a phone number, otherwise I'd have already thought of that ;)

or buy from overclockers.co.uk :o

Heard of them many a time, but I've never shopped from them before. Do you know anything about their service? Delivery times, general reliability etc...

BladeRunner
06-25-05, 01:53 PM
I've used dabs many times in the past going back to before the geforce 3 was launched and never had an issue, got my FX53 from them as they were over 50 cheaper than anyone else at the time too.

My guess is the dabs 7800 GTX is a white boxed OEM, (versions that are usually fitted in pre-built PC's), and as such should be the same as the reference sample. Not sure who makes them though.. but again I'm just educated guessing so don't shoot me if I'm wrong.

Dabs had a good price on the BFG version the other day I seem to remember

DoomUK
06-25-05, 02:14 PM
What about the Gigabyte 7800 GTX from overclockers.co.uk:-

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl?PRODREF=GX-015-GI&NOLOGIN=1

Good value, or should I spend 70 more and get the OC'd BFG? Bearing in mind my budget does have a limit somewhere; hence, does anyone have any benchies for the Gigabyte 7800 yet? Any opinions?...

Again, does anyone here know what overclockers are like as a company?

Thanks.

Dazz
06-25-05, 03:46 PM
The Gigabyte 7800GTX is completely based on the refrence model. Yeah bads Extreame BFG is the BFG OEM card i.e no drivers or CD VGA adaptors etc. Might be wrong but thats where i am thinking of getting mine from. As for overclockers.co.uk i use them all the time they have an excellent service.

NoWayDude
06-25-05, 04:25 PM
I got my Gigabyte from http://www.gladiatorcomputers.com/, was 2 cheaper than Dabs :).Delivered the next day by courier.
Managed to auto OC 483/1300 with NVtweak, currently running at 430/1400
Nice card.Xpand rally and Joint ops are the bundle, togheter w/ disk drives, and Cyberlink power director.Also had HDTV dongle on the package.

DoomUK
06-25-05, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the responses guys :)

Well, I've ordered the Gigabyte from overclockers. Hopefully be with me by Tuesday (my day off) :cool: *crosses fingers and gets exited*. Also ordered the A8N-SLI Deluxe to house my new card. Can't wait :D

NoWayDude
06-25-05, 05:45 PM
Overclockers are very expensive.My Gigabyte from galdiator cost me 373 including delivery.For the price diference get the BFG or the XfX.Higher clock speeds by default :)

pingu2
06-25-05, 05:54 PM
ive used overclockers for many years now and i continue to do so because they have served me well :)

I bought the BFG from them, ordered friday at 2:30pm and got it 9:30 on sat morning. ive been playing games for hours this evening at 495/1350 with the stock cooler :)