PDA

View Full Version : Got my X2 4400+ today, voltage real low?

Dazz
06-27-05, 02:32 AM
first boot with my X2 4400+ and it showed in the Bios as 1.29v is that right?, not that it really matters as i got it set to 1.47v (1.55v in the BIOS) and 266x10 2.66GHz, damn this thing is so responsive now.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=12264&stc=1

retsam
06-27-05, 02:45 AM
how much did you pay for the proc...

Dazz
06-27-05, 02:50 AM
433 a bit steep but one of the first in the UK to get it. I don't think my HDA XMYSTIQUE 7.1 GOLD likes it as all sound is crackels in anything games MP3 etc, trying the onboard codec and see if that does the same, tried reinstalling the drivers but did nothing. Having said that is computer needs a format. Since i replaced my board. Problem is i can't find my CD wallet with all my Drivers and more inportantly my WinXP DISC Ahhh.

Dang my onboard codec works fine, i guess it's Cmedia's fualt then :rolleyes:

fastguy94416
06-27-05, 10:37 AM
Ugh, I just ordered mine today, and I didn't notice that they were backordered :( I don't want to wait 21 days.

BrianG
06-27-05, 10:48 AM
433 a bit steep but one of the first in the UK to get it. I don't think my HDA XMYSTIQUE 7.1 GOLD likes it as all sound is crackels in anything games MP3 etc, trying the onboard codec and see if that does the same, tried reinstalling the drivers but did nothing. Having said that is computer needs a format. Since i replaced my board. Problem is i can't find my CD wallet with all my Drivers and more inportantly my WinXP DISC Ahhh.

Dang my onboard codec works fine, i guess it's Cmedia's fualt then :rolleyes:
My Mystique is fine with the dual-core. I do not know how swapping CPUs can cause an audio problem other than the system shuffled IRQs or perhaps your mobo BIOS defaulted and enabled the on-board audio despite having disabled it before.

But yeah, what you say about the smooth feeling of the system is pretty cool. Once settled in post boot process, etc, the system never ever drags. It is sooo freaking cool.

Dazz
06-27-05, 12:18 PM
Well i formated the PC with my m8's winXP and got all the drivers installed the sound is fine now. My PC could of really done with a format lol.

Dazz
06-27-05, 02:31 PM
I was wrong it still crackles like hell, but i've noticed it's only like that with 5.1 Digital Live, works fine in 2.1. However evr the only reason i got this card was for 5.1 :( I don't understand how it worked fine with my 3200+ but not this 4400+?????

BrianG
06-27-05, 02:55 PM
You checked the BIOS?

Are you using the retail drivers or the betas?

Does PCM crackle also? Could be your fiber link?

Dazz
06-27-05, 03:05 PM
PCM works fine sadly 5.1 encoding doesn't. I flashes my broad to the 1006-002 veta also, the 1005 that i was using was the latest offical BIOS. Yeah i used their latest driver which i believe was their beta. I think i am just going to sell it and bung my Audigy2 ZS back in. Shouldn't be too long for the X-FI sound card. I really hope that it too supports 5.1 encoding. I have never had much luck with C-Media cards.

Dazz
06-27-05, 03:28 PM
Intresting, my Audigy 2 is going it also, but no way near as bad as the HDA card. Possible EMI? Tried it with my Processor at defualt clock speed too. Wierd thing is on board Audio is unaffected.

retsam
06-27-05, 04:27 PM
soudns like an irq problem or a dma conflict ....

BrianG
06-27-05, 04:55 PM
PCM works fine sadly 5.1 encoding doesn't. I flashes my broad to the 1006-002 veta also, the 1005 that i was using was the latest offical BIOS. Yeah i used their latest driver which i believe was their beta. I think i am just going to sell it and bung my Audigy2 ZS back in. Shouldn't be too long for the X-FI sound card. I really hope that it too supports 5.1 encoding. I have never had much luck with C-Media cards.
I know the betas have issues with static, clicking, etc. I still use the standard CD drivers.

Did you use the same slot for the Audigy and the HDA? I still get the feeling it is an IRQ issue. Also, you may want to test the speakers on a home DVD player to make sure it is not a speaker decoder issue. That would explain the common issue between cards, as well.

X-Fi is not going to support Dolby Digital Live from everything I have read.

Dazz
06-27-05, 06:16 PM
After trouble shooting i have found out what is happening.
I am given the option, use my Wireless Network card and use onboard Audio.
Or use only decrete audio. I find it very starnge however that this problem did
not happen when the 3200+ was installed. Any ideas how can resolve the IRQ/DMA
conflict? It doesn't seem to matter which slots they are in :(

Device manager doesn't say that there are any conflicts but something is going on thats for sure.

Dazz
06-28-05, 02:27 AM
Well ia m going to sell off both of my Audio cards no point if sound is clearer on the board, and i can't loose my wireless card as i don't have a cable outlet in here :( Other wise i would of connected directly into the ethernet port. For some reason windows wouldn't let me change IRQ the option was greyed out.

Dazz
06-28-05, 09:42 AM
I finnal tracked down what was causing the problems and it has quite tiresome, anways applying for an RMA from belkin. this was what i sent them

The PCI card creates lots of static noise with other devices. The Wireless Pre-N cards are fine. It's just the PCI card it's self. Trouble shooted for hours trcking down the problem. Changed sound cards, changed slots looked for IRQ/DMA conflicts tried assigning diffrent IRQ's. Changed the Pre-N notebook cards over, one of which was from the notebook Updated the Belkin drivers also. Finally changed the network card with an MSI wireless 54G card and the problem had gone away made sure that the card was not touching anything metal that could cause problems. Reinstalled the O/S. Can only think of the PCI card has become defective. Although i have changed my motherboard over from an DFi SLi-D to a ASUS A8N SLi Premium in the last few days but as far as i am aware there are not compaitiblity issues with the Pre-N PCI card and the ASUS A8N SLi Premium.