PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed, WoW is getting an Expansion

Vagrant Zero
06-27-05, 04:39 PM
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2005/1608.html

Blizzard Entertainment today confirmed the development of an expansion for its highly popular PC-based MMORPG World of Warcraft. On the game's official message boards, producer Shane Dabiri also announced a free update titled Blackwing Lair. It will feature a 40-person raid dungeon pitting users against the dragon Nefarian and his minions. Additionally, a 20-person dungeon titled Zul'Gurub and the mysterious lands of Ahn'Qiraj in Silithus are in the works. New world events such as a carnival in Mulgore and Elwynn are also planned.

*hands ChrisRay a napkin which he will no doubt use to clean up after himself*

vampireuk
06-27-05, 08:18 PM
Blackwing lair isn't really a expansion just a added new dungeon. There are several areas that have yet to be built into the game.

ChrisRay
06-27-05, 09:23 PM
Quel'Thalas,, Hyjal.. are still missing for one..

gram_vaz
06-27-05, 09:28 PM
good news! :D

Vagrant Zero
06-28-05, 02:25 AM
Blackwing lair isn't really a expansion just a added new dungeon. There are several areas that have yet to be built into the game.

I know, the expansion has nothing to do with Blackwing lair. That was just thrown in there as part of the news.

Marcos
06-28-05, 10:46 AM
BWL will be coming in a patch. Possibly the next one. The test servers went live today

anzak
06-29-05, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I personally wanna know whats up with the caverns of time. That place is very cool, I'd really like to see how its gonna turn out.