PDA

View Full Version : Just flashed my BIOS, what are these OPTIONS for?

newls1
06-28-05, 01:27 PM
I just flashed my BIOS on my NEO4 PLAT SLI board to BETA 1.5, and It gave me all sorts of new overclocking options. The first option I never heard of is "SLI broadcast aperture" That is set to DISABLE, but can be ENABLED. Another question is, "read Preamble value" for the memory (this is not a new option, but have question) This is set to 6ns, and "async latency value" is too set to 6ns, if I up the to 7ns or higher, will this allow for more head room for OCing?

newls1
06-28-05, 06:24 PM
anyone?

saturnotaku
06-28-05, 06:30 PM
Don't bump after only a few hours. :nono:

And shorten your signature while you're at it.

Riptide
06-28-05, 06:33 PM
You might check the manual if you haven't already. Sometimes there are explanations for the different BIOS settings within.

newls1
06-28-05, 06:58 PM
You might check the manual if you haven't already. Sometimes there are explanations for the different BIOS settings within.

The manual wont have this option in it, im using a BETA bios, with extra options for tweaking....

Riptide
06-28-05, 07:24 PM
Your best bet for an answer is the MSI forums.

jAkUp
06-28-05, 07:44 PM
Yes I just updated to the latest BIOS as well, and those options appeared in my BIOS as well... I wonder what they do...

newls1
06-29-05, 10:29 PM
Yes I just updated to the latest BIOS as well, and those options appeared in my BIOS as well... I wonder what they do...

jAkUp: I was wondering if you tried this BIOS option yet, and if it made any kind of difference?

wheeljack12
06-30-05, 10:18 AM
jakup, did you flash to the beta june 23rd bios? If so, there are couple more things I noticed about it too. The advanced chipset features now have two more options along with this SLI aperture option. I also noticed there was errata 123 enhancement with enabled and disabled along with a ACPI SRAT with a auto and disabled option to it. Do you or anyone know what these are. I also saw that the USB devices are being detected again and now show full details on speed for the device on the bios report page.

wheeljack12
06-30-05, 10:21 AM
here is what the SRAT is: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/CEC/SRAT.mspx

this is what seems to be errata 123 by amd:
http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/25759.pdf
(goto page 75 of 77)

wheeljack12
06-30-05, 12:20 PM
a little off topic, but I can now use the USB flash drive but not my USB dvd writer yet on the sli-dr. Went back to mar. 10 again.